Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Montreal Nordstrom Warehouse Sale Haul

I haven't done a haul in sooo long, mostly because I haven't really had anything super exciting to share. HOWEVER. Last weekend I went to the Nordstrom sale where the old Target was, and I was so pleasantly surprised that I couldn't not blog about it. The irony of my last haul being the Target closing liquidation haul is not lost on me hahaha.

So, first of all, it's weird that Nordstrom had a sale here to begin with seeing as there is no actual Nordstrom store in Montreal. I guess the sale was meant to serve as an indicator of how well a Nordstrom would potentially do here, and also as a means to get customer emails. (If you provided your email at checkout you got an extra 10% off). The sale was put on by a company called Style Democracy that specializes in putting on sample/warehouse/liquidation sales across Canada (which, by the way, I think is such a fantastic business idea).



Essentially, the place was packed with rows and rows of women's clothing racks. Each clothing item was tagged with a colored dot sticker, which corresponded to a certain pricepoint. There were some really good brands available like Free People, Mink Pink, Madewell, and Wildfox - all for under $20. I can't even stress how incredible that is.



I was actually so pleased that I was at the sale both Saturday and Sunday, but had I known about it sooner I definitely would've gone during the week as well. My friend went a total of 3 times and got over 15 items. You could seriously go over and over and keep finding new things because they would keep replenishing and people would try things on and stuff would get put back on the racks.


The first thing I picked up is this casual comfy grey sweater. This was one of the items that you would see repeated in different sizes throughout the racks (whereas other things were one-of-a-kind). I liked it because the cut is really flattering. On me it's fitted at the top & on the arms, and then goes flowy on the stomach area which is perfect.


Then, I found this pretty patterned tank top. The cut of the neckline is a little low so I'll have to play around with it, but the overall fit was quite nice. I don't usually go for tank tops because I don't like showing my arms, but I like pairing them with sheer shirts or kimonos in the summer.


And surprisingly, I got a total of 3 tank tops in this haul. This one is from Free People so I automatically picked up. Free People clothes are great quality and usually so expensive. I really liked the color of this tank top (I have nothing like it), and I love how it flares out at the bottom.


I also picked up this sheer black lace kimono. Like I said, I love layering with these kinds of items in the summer. This one actually has strings so it can be used as a robe/coverup situation (it may even be intended as lingerie...?) but I might cut them off. It's the perfect length for wearing over leggings/tighter pants too.


I also picked up these casual cotton shorts to wear around the house during the summer. I know they look super plain but they're SO soft and I love the color.


Last but not least, another tank top! I really like the bold print of these. I can easily pair it with black or even maroon colored jeans, and it looks cute under the kimono too.

Overall I'd say the sale was a big success. Getting 6 clothing items in one go is really rare for me because not a lot of things fit me nicely. If you have a more typical body type, I would say it's all the more easy to find things at a sale like this. My mom, for instance, bought over 20 items (!!!) and we ended up paying no more than $20 for each item. On the Sunday (the final day of the sale) all tops were slashed down to $10 each, and all bottoms down to $14CAD.

Another note is that the changing room situation was pretty good too. It was great that the sale took place in the old Target, because you had the option of standing in line to wait for a proper changing room, or you could try clothes on in a communal changing area (separated by gender) that was lined with mirrors. I really liked having the choice.

I would 100% attend another sale like this if the opportunity arose! I'm so glad Target died and the Nordstrom sale rose. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment