Saturday, January 3, 2015

Favorite Beauty Products of 2014

Welcome to 2015!!! Hope you all had a great holiday season. I thought I would fittingly start off my 2015 blog posts with my favorite beauty products of last year (and I'm sure they will carry into this year too!).

My favorite cleanser of the year was the Clean & Clean Morning Burst in the blue packaging. I think my favorite part about this product is the scent. It's so fresh but also fruity. It reminds me of the cucumber-melon soap that Bath & Body Works used to make. My only issue is that I personally don't think there are enough scrubbing beads, but it still works really well and I use it about 2-3 times per week.



My favorite eyeshadow primer of 2014 is the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. I got this sample version as a bonus in one of my Sephora orders and, gosh, I almost wish I didn't like it so much because I'm dreading having to splash out $30 for the full-sized version. It does such a great job at making eyeshadows stick to your lids, and I highly recommend it if you have oily eyelids.


My favorite mascara of 2014 is the Annabelle Big Show. I literally used this mascara all year long. I picked up another tube of it about a month ago and I found it unusually wet so I wonder if the formulation is inconsistent, but when it starts to dry out the mascara works like a dream. It only takes a couple swipes for me to be happy with it. It separates and volumizes my lashes amazingly.

My favorite blush of the year is Marcelle Blossom. This is probably the only blush I use during the fall and winter months. In the pan it looks underwhelming, but on the cheeks it turns this incredible crimson shade that looks beautiful next to a good bronzer. It also pairs perfectly with any red-burgundy lip.

Bite "Rubarb", Tarte "Energy", Marcelle "Blossom" blush

My favorite lip products of the year are the Tarte Energy Lip Surgence and the Bite Beauty lip pencil in "Rhubarb". For the spring and summer, the Tarte lip surgence was all I wore. It's a cross between a lip balm and a gloss, and the color adapts to the person wearing it. On me, it turns a bright juicy pink shade. Like I said, perfect for spring/summer. On the flip side, Rhubarb is such a nice burnt burgundy shade. It's reminiscent of the Kylie Jenner lip trend because it's on the brown side, but it's also not a nude. It's actually spot-on to the Pantone color of the year ("marsala"), so it's super trendy right now.

And finally, the absolute best makeup remover I have ever used: Rimmel Just Let it Go. I have tried expensive makeup removers from brands like Bioderma and Boscia and whatever, and nothing beats this! Nothing! It's just so good for removing eye makeup and you don't have to sit there scrubbing your eyes for 10 minutes. It's cheap and it works.

Also, I forgot to photograph it individually but my favorite concealer of the year is the NARS Creamy Concealer. I picked it up back in April and just wow. I have never been so pleased with a concealer. Sometimes I won't even wear foundation because the concealer is enough. It's pricey but I'll definitely be repurchasing it. I blend it out with the Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush which works phenomenally.

And voila! My favorite products of 2014. Can't wait to discover new faves in 2015 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment