Monday, December 8, 2014

Holiday Nail Polish Picks

Hey everyone! Since I've managed to amass a large number of nail polishes, I figured it was only right to share my selections for the holiday season. I personally think dressing in holiday garb can be a little over the top, but painting your nails is a subtle way to show how festive you are!

My first choice is Essie "Shine of the Times" over top of OPI "Alpine Snow". Shine of the Times is an incredible sheer nail polish with flecks of shimmer that you can layer over top of just about anything to make it look awesome. I like it over a white nail polish like Alpine Snow because it actually reminds me of snow!

Next is OPI "Golden Eye" from their Skyfall collection a couple years back. This is the most gorgeous, finely-milled gold glitter that looks incredible on its own (3+ coats) or layered on top of something else. I like it over a plain white but it also looks great over a wine color.

Marc Jacobs "Gatsby" is the most luxurious polish I own, making it perfect for special occasions. It's a stunning metallic copper-rose gold shade that's opaque with one coat. A nice alternative to a solid red.

If however, solid reds are your thing, OPI "Short Stop" is a beautiful bright red that has become a staple in my collection. I think this shade of red is perfect year-round, but especially lovely for the holidays.

To add a bit of excitement to a classic red nail, try China Glaze "Ruby Pumps". It's a red-based polish with red shimmer running through it, and to me this polish just screams Christmas. In fact I think it's safe to say that I exclusively wear it around Christmas time.

Last but not least, OPI "Don't Mess With OPI" is a classic green color, perfect for holiday nail art. You know, I bought this polish on a whim thinking I would never really wear it, but I gravitate towards it more often than I thought. The formulation is great and the wear is so long.


Personally, I think dressing in holiday garb can be a little over the top, but painting your nails is a subtle way to show how festive you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment