Saturday, June 21, 2014

One Kings Lane "Reflect Your Style" Challenge

I was challenged by the lovely Chloe from One Kings Lane to pick a mirror from their collection and design a vanity around it. After taking one look at their website I knew I had to do it. Everything they stock is absolutely gorgeous! I honestly think there is something for everyone on this website because it caters to a lot of different tastes.

I'm planning on doing a room renovation in August so this was the perfect opportunity for me to check out what's on the market in terms of house decor!


This is what I came up with. I'm not one for the prim & proper style of vanity that I think has become very popular: crisp white with maybe gold or silver accents. Instead, I lean towards a much more eclectic and colorful style. As you can tell, I went a little nuts with the artwork. I love the mix-and-match feeling of combining different-sized and shaped art. They also have the most beautiful vintage signage; I couldn't resist the cute "beach" one.

The mirror I picked is called "Vevey" and I love the middle-eastern vibe of it. I also picked out this beautiful tangerine-colored accent chair that I think would go perfectly with the paintings and the colored tray I chose.

On my vanity I would have a lamp, my Benefit "Ready to Rock Rita" perfume, a Mac lipstick, and a Dyptique candle. I threw in some basic storage boxes at the bottom because I would want to keep the surface of my vanity nice and neat, so everything else could get stowed away!

You can go ahead and check out the other mirrors at One Kings Lane - they're all lovely and it was hard to pick just one!

No comments:

Post a Comment