Sunday, March 16, 2014

Disney World 2014

Earlier this month I went to Disney World for three days and had a great time (as usual). My family and I go to Disney World a ton because my mom is a Disney Vacation Club member.  I'm the type of person that prefers a fun-filled vacation over a loungey beach trip, so Disney World is right up my alley. Add the fact that I'm a media geek (all those interactive attractions? Ma gawddd) and a huge lover of Disney movies, and I am Disney World's #1 fan.

I'm also a big design nerd, so the variations of typography you can find all over the parks is such eye candy to me. These are two signs on Main Street USA in Magic Kingdom.


Here's a snapshot of my mom and brother enjoying their Starbucks in Magic Kingdom as the sun starts to set. I really think you can enjoy Disney at any age.




Every night in Magic Kingdom they project a montage of clips from various Disney films onto the castle (including Disney's Frozen!). This was my first time seeing it and it was incredible. The above clip is from Tangled during the lantern scene. (PS - can we talk about how I can make Gifs now?!)

What's completely new to Disney are these wristbands that you get if you stay in a Disney resort. Basically, they're customized bracelets that hold your room keys, park passes, and fast passes. You can even make charges to your hotel room on them. So cool.



On our second night we went to Epcot and had dinner in the Italian pavilion. The Epcot World Showcase is one of my favorite parts of Disney World because everything is so authentic, right down to the buildings and decor. The employees at each pavilion actually come from the countries they represent. It's awesome.









And that concludes my Disney trip! Can't wait to go again next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment