Sunday, January 12, 2014

New Mac lipstick: Instigator

Hey everyone! With the Mac giftcard I received on Christmas, I decided to pick up a new Mac lipstick in the shade "Instigator" from the Punk Couture collection. I saw the lipstick on Temptalia and knew I wanted it right away.

It's one of Mac's "retro-matte" finishes, meaning it applies without shine or gloss. I found this to be true. Because of the finish it was a little difficult to apply, but with a good lip liner (i.e. Mac Nightmoth), it isn't too bad. The wear on it is really good - lasts multiple hours without budging. The only thing you need to make sure of is that your lips are properly hydrated, otherwise the lipstick will stick to dry patches.

The color is a very deep plum color (definitely black in certain lights). I admit it can be intimidating in the bullet, but paired with a smokey eye this lipstick is killer. Don't let it scare you! What's great about the color is that it works on all skin tones.

Overall score: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment