Wednesday, November 6, 2013

CoverGirl Flamed Out Mascara REVIEW

CoverGirl Flamed Out is not what I tend to prefer in a mascara. I like liquidier formulas, this is not that. I like skinnier wands, this does not have that. Alas, I picked this mascara up without reading reviews or looking at pictures and what I was left with was an extra-thick mascara with a fat wand a waxy formula... I didn't expect to, but I actually really, really like it.

If you want something long-lasting, but not waterproof, this is your pick. The formulation is waxy which allows it to withstand the test of time. I've worn this for hours straight (like, 10-12 hour-days) and it's really durable - no flaking or transferring. It also enables your lashes to hold their curl. At the end of the day, removal is fuss-free.

The product is meant to "fan out" your lashes (hence, "Flamed Out") and I think it achieves that quite nicely. If you look at the second eye photo, you can see what I mean. The mascara clearly separated and lengthened each lash.

I only put on 1-2 coats daily, but if you're someone who likes a clumpier look, 3-4 coats would be good for you. I personally find my lashes too long and sparse to achieve the spider-y look in picture #3, but if you have a thick, short lashes you can definitely pull it off.

I've seen mixed reviews of this mascara, but I think it's silly to dismiss it quickly. If you put a little effort into the application and work your way into each lash, you can achieve a really pretty effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment