Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October Favorites 2013

Hey everyone! I feel like I haven't done a "favorites" post in a while so an October one is definitely due. I'm personally excited to get on with November and then December, because it means Christmas is coming up!

Autumn Day candle by Bath & Body Works: This has got to be one of my favorites (if not most favorite) scents from Bath & Body Works. It's sweet and fresh and fills up the room instantly. It's also a universally enjoyed scent so it makes for a great gift!

Carmex lip balm: My lips have been crazy chapped lately because it's been reaaaaal cold here, so Carmex is a must for me. EOS has nothing on Carmex lol.

OPI "Bubble Bath": I recently got ahold of the Top Ten OPI minis set, and I'm going to dedicate a whole post to it as soon as my nail wheel gets in (why yes, I did order a nail wheel). My favorite so far is Bubble Bath. Even though it's pretty sheer, it's the perfect nude for my skin tone.

Maybelline Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss in "Ruby Indulgence": I made an entire post about this product so check it out HERE!

Smashbox "Vivid Violet": I've had this lipstick for quite a while now and every fall I like to bring it back to life for at least a couple days throughout the season. It's a daring color - pure purple - so it's not for every day, but it compliments my skin tone really nicely and finishes off an outfit quite well. You can see a swatch HERE.

Revlon "Lash Potion" mascara: Admittedly, this mascara is a pain to remove because it's super waterproof, but it does wonders for your lashes. It lengthens and adds volume without getting clumpy and gross. Definitely pick it up!

NARS "Sin" blush: I got this as a birthday gift back in February and have been wearing it a ton lately. It's SO pigmented that you only need a little to get a nice flush of color. It shows up less purple than how it appears in the pan - on my cheeks it becomes a deep pink shade. Very pretty.

Miley Cyrus' "Bangerz": So. I think Miley is really problematic (in terms of her persona/media influence), but this is a GREAT pop album. Some of my favorites are FU, 4x4, and #getitright. If you automatically rejected it but are generally a pop music fan, please give it a shot, you might be surprised!

Lorde's "Pure Heroine": Totally on the opposite side of the pop spectrum, Pure Heroine has also been a new favorite this month. At first I thought all the songs sounded the same but I came to really enjoy it. My favorites are Royals, Team, and White Teeth Teens.

Switched At Birth: If you're looking for a new TV show to start on Netflix, seriously consider Switched At Birth. I usually dismiss ABC Family shows since most of them are a bust (*cough* Secret Life *cough* Pretty Little Liars), but this one is fantastic. It's about two teens who were switched at birth and get reconnected. One of them is deaf, which adds a super interesting dimension to the show. I'm excited for the next season!

Now You See Me: Great movie. Great cast. Ending leaves a little to be desired but the storyline is so unique that I didn't mind.

What were your favorites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment