Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Thoughts on TARGET Opening in Montreal

Hey everyone! On Monday night I was fortunate enough to be invited to the friends & family opening of Target in St. Dorothee (which is a suburb of Montreal). Personally, I don't think Montrealers know about the awesomeness that is Target since this is the first one to open in the Montreal area. As an avid haul-watcher and reader, I know Target is the place to be for inexpensive but awesome clothing, shoes, and beauty stuff!

I only had one hour to shop around but I figure I'd let you know what the highlights were. The one thing I really wanted to buy when I walked in was a pair of tall fall boots. Unfortunately their shoe section was not yet fully stocked, but they did have some really cute combat boots that I was considering.

Across from the shoe section was the clothing section. I was really happy to see they were carrying the Phillip Lim for Target collection - a good sign since I wasn't sure they would bring in the American lines. Although I didn't pick up anything from that collection (and since I didn't have much time to try stuff on), I found this thin black blazer I thought might be a good staple to own. It was $25.



Then, I stopped off in the incredible snack section. Tons of selection, including stuff you could never find anywhere else in Montreal. Lots of health-food, like chip alternatives, nuts, oats, etc. I picked up a packet of oat clusters for $3.99.

And now for the good stuff: the beauty section. I was crossing my fingers for some brands that aren't available in Quebec, and low-and-behold, they carry NYX, Pixi, and Sonia Kashuk (amongst others, I'm sure)! Not only was I happy to see the brands, but the price-points were comparable to the American ones. Nothing ridiculously more expensive than in the States! In fact, some of the brands also available at Pharmaprix/Walmart/etc were even cheaper I believe.



I picked up the Tigi S-Factor Smoothing Lusterizer Defrizzer & Detamer for $19. If I'm not mistaken I don't think I've seen it this cheap anywhere else. It's $35 on the Canadian Amazon (...LOL). I also bought a NYX lip gloss in "Beige" which is one I've heard lots of good things about. It was $4.99 and it smelled really good so I'm excited to try it! The only disappointing thing is that I didn't see any NYX blushes, oddly enough.

Overall I can't wait to start shopping at Target. I was a little rushed this time around but I'll go again sometime soon so I can do some better shopping & price comparisons. Do you guys love Target as much as I do!?

No comments:

Post a Comment