Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sephora "Give Me Some Lip" Review/Swatches

Hey everyone! I got some requests to review and post swatches of the Sephora "Give Me Some Lip" set that I featured in a recent haul. I've had the opportunity to wear just about every product in the set so I thought I'd finally share my opinions.

In general, I think this is a really great set. The value-for-money ratio is awesome, since you basically get 6 products for the price of one (albeit sample sizes). I do think the set is better suited for lighter-skinned ladies, because most of these products are quite light themselves (some too light for me even).

I'll start off with the only full-sized product in the set, the Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster in "Glitzy". I would characterize this as a pale berry color with a slight shimmer. You can only really detect the shimmer up close, but I'm assuming that's what makes this a "lip luster". This is one of the best products in the set, hands down. I think the shade looks great with my skintone, the "crayon" applicator is super easy to use, and it makes my lips look really full and healthy.

Next, the Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in "Dolly". Let me start off by saying this is my favorite lip gloss of the entire set. The color is a smidge less "berry" than the Tarte one, but it has the same golden shimmer. This is the one product in the set that I truly feel gives me the whole "my lips but better" look. The Buxom lip glosses have a plumping effect, so if that bothers you then you won't like this. You can even see in the picture that my lips look a little more lumpy than the first one (that sounds so unflattering haha but it's not as noticeable in person). Also, the scent of this is really yummy - it smells like vanilla cake! I totally foresee buying the full-size version.

The Laura Mercier Lip Glace in "Bare Pink" is one of the lighter shades of the bunch. It's got more a peachy-pink tint than the previous two. I don't foresee myself using this one as much as the Tarte or Buxom, but it's still totally wearable. As you can see it blanks out my cupid's bow a little because it's a lot more similar to my skintone.

The infamous NARS "Turkish Delight"... I had high hopes for this. I really did, but unfortunately I won't be wearing this one at all. It's entirely too light and milky for my complexion. If you're a fan of the blanked out lip look, you might like this, but I hate the say it sits in the folds of my lips. I don't find it flattering at all. (I have to say it doesn't look entirely terrible in the photo but had I posted a full-face shot, you would have been disgusted LOL)

The only opaque lip color of the set is the Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in "Rhubarb". Although the shade is a little more on the brown side than I'd like, it's still a pretty lip color. It goes on smooth and is opaque with one swipe ("high pigment" is definitely an adequate description). The pencil itself is a bit fragile so be careful when applying it. I think it could work under lipstick or on its own.

From left-to-right: Bite lip pencil in "Rhubarb", Buxom lip gloss in "Dolly", Tarte LipSurgence in "Glitzy", NARS "Turkish Delight", Fresh Sugar Rose lip treatment, Laura Mercier lip gloss in "Bare Pink"
That concludes the review! Overall very pleased with this purchase (despite the mixup at checkout). Let me know in the comments which one is your favorite. :)

PS. how hard is it to take pictures of your lips?! Ugh haha

No comments:

Post a Comment