Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What I'm Watching: Summer Edition

I'm on summer break and I don't currently have a full-time job, which means I'm basically always watching TV or reading a book or watching movies to pass the time. Also, I'm curious about what TV shows everyone's watching so I thought I'd discuss some of the summer shows I'm loving, and you guys can let me know what you're watching in the comments & if we watch the same stuff, I'd love to chat about it :)

I figured I'd get the show I'm least excited about out the way first: Pretty Little Liars. Ugh, this shoooow. I'm going to be honest... I'm not into it anymore, but it's on its fourth season and I feel like I'm in too deep to back away now. I hate-watch it now (kinda like how you hate-read Twilight or Fifty Shades of Grey). It frustrates me to no end, but somehow, I'm stuck on it. I have major issues with this show, not because of the mediocre acting, but because of the writers. Mysteries from seasons past are left unsolved, and I feel like they constantly bring up new elements instead of tying loose ends. Overall, really unsatisfying. Would not recommend. If you watch it too, please tell me you feel the same way?! I think I have hopes that they'll somehow revive it and make it worthwhile... Sigh.

Canadians, you can catch up on episodes at MuchMusic.com.

Big Brother: I'm not by any means a BB superfan like most of this show's viewers, but I've definitely enjoyed watching the past couple seasons. My only problem with it is that it's difficult to keep up with because it airs Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Other than that, it's really interesting to watch! I love seeing who befriends who, who wins what competition, which alliances are strong and which ones die... It's a lot of fun. Admittedly, most of the contestants are shallow and unidimensional, but Big Brother makes for the best "guilty pleasure TV show". I'm not absolutely loving anyone right from the start this season, but my favorites so far are Amanda and Nick.

Canadians, you can catch up on episodes at GlobalTV.ca.

Skins (!!!!!!!!) I recently re-watched seasons 1 through 4 of Skins on Netflix so I'm really excited about the 7th season. If you are unaware, this will be the last season of the show and will only be 6 episodes long, highlighting the lives of Effy Stonem, Cassie Ainsworth, and James Cook (all past characters). So far, only the first episode has aired and personally I think it's still too early to decide whether or not this is a good idea. I'm already sad about what they did to Naomi's character, but we'll have to see how everything pans out in the next episode. I'm excited for it!

Torrent this to catch up!

My Netflix summer pick is Psych, a hilarious and smart detective show. I happened to catch an episode of this on TV one day, never having heard of it before, and to my delight the first six seasons happened to be on Netflix! I'm not that big on violence and suspense which my only issue with detective shows like CSI, but Psych has that super satisfying crime-solving element mixed in with a humorous main character - keeping it light but still mysterious at all times. Plus, I'm a sucker for classic Holmesian problem-solving. Overall, really entertaining and sustains the waits between my other TV shows lol!

You'll need American Netflix to watch this. Just do a quick search on how to get it if you're Canadian.

There you have it! If you have any other recommendations for me (preferably on Netflix) please let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment