Monday, June 17, 2013

Empties & Products I've Hit Pan On

Hey everyone! I've been hoarding a few items over the past couple weeks so that I could talk about some products that I've either used up entirely or hit pan on. I've decided to share them with you today!

Bioderma Sensibio H2O: This is what I've been using as my go-to eye makeup remover and it works like a dream. At first I was a little skeptical since this product is oh-so raved about on blogs & YouTube, but when I finished it I went back to my Rimmel remover for a little while, and let me tell you, it is not the same. I've already purchased a new one since I feel like you get good value out of the 250ml format. It lasted me five months which I think is pretty impressive since the bottle is relatively small.

Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser: I probably discussed this product already in a previous post, but this is my daily face cleanser. I use it in the morning and at night and although I don't really think it gets rid of acne entirely (I use other products to do so), I think it does at least control it by reducing redness and keeping the pores clean. If I forget to use this at night, I immediately notice a difference the next morning - my face just doesn't feel as clean.

Batiste Dry Shampoo (Tropical): This product was definitely well-loved. A 150ml can lasted me around 7 months, which is fantastic. It's super inexpensive and it really keeps my hair decent in between washes. I don't wash my hair every day since I do style it every time I wash it, so this makes me feel more comfortable about that. I have since repurchased it in a larger format with the original scent (though the tropical scent didn't bother me).

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (top left): I've discussed this product ad nauseum already so I don't feel the need to be too detailed here. It's just a really great mattifying powder. It doesn't give coverage but it really controls shiny-ness.

Bailey Powder Foundation Duo (top right): This is perhaps the only product I received in a beauty box that has been so frequently used. Contrary to the Rimmel powder, this provides awesome coverage. I wouldn't use it alone, but over a BB cream or tinted moisturizer, or even just some concealer, it works out perfectly. I still use the bronzer side for days that I'm striving for natural-looking contouring. It's matte and just the right shade - no fuss.

NARS Laguna Bronzer: Let me tell you, I was very sad to hit pan on this product. I use this bronzer on the high points of my face just to give my skin a bit of colour. A little does go a long way and you do get a lot of bang for your buck, but you will love it so much that you'll use it daily. It has a subtle shimmer which I find perfect for summer.

Marcelle Hydra-C Foundation: I've been using Marcelle foundation ever since I started wearing makeup, and this foundation is my favorite from their entire range. I'm not even sure it has to do with the formulation, but rather the shade (it's an exact match to my skintone) and the packaging (so convenient and fuss-free!). But, sad story - they're discontinuing this :( I have since moved on to the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation and am loving that though.

Urban Decay Primer Potion mini: This has actually been empty for a really long time now and I just keep it around thinking I'll be able to get one last drop out of it. It hasn't necessarily been my favourite eyeshadow primer, but it's absolutely neutral (no colour) so it's really versatile - i.e. ideal for any eyeshadow look.

So that concludes my first empties post! Hope you all enjoyed it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment