Monday, May 20, 2013

Nail Polish Trends for Summer 2013

Hey everyone! It's no secret that I've been off my blog game for a while now, but hopefully with school done I'll be motivated to get back in it. My two favorite beauty "realms" of the moment have been nail polish and hair, so I thought it would be a nice idea to share my favorite shades for the season! Without further ado...

My absolute favorite nail color of choice for the spring/summer season is coral. Or salmon, orange, creamsicle, peach, etc. If you're looking for something on the paler pastel side, I suggest Julep's Clara. It's a really subtle but flattering way to wear this trend. My favorite, however, has to be Butter London's Trout Pout. It does range on the pricier side ($17), but the quality is incredible - completely opaque in two coats but definitely wearable with just one - and the color is spot-on. It's the most perfect pink-toned coral I own!

Swatches & Full Reviews: L'Oreal L'Orange

You can never really go wrong with a solid neutral nail polish. Admittedly, I haven't found my perfect nude tone, but these are some that have come quite close. My favorite of the bunch in terms of color has to be Kiko's "French Pink". My only problem with it is that it's quite sheer considering it's meant to be a french manicure topcoat, however it still looks really chic and put-together. Another one I love is Julep "Kate". This is my go-to white nail. I think white nails look really great with a nice tan, and this one is just right. It's opaque and lovely and doesn't have that "liquid paper" look.


I really believe that a fun, pink nail polish can be the perfect pick-me-up. For a bright, fluorescent pink option, I highly recommend China Glaze Shocking Pink. The color is truly shocking, but it's so summery and looks great on tan skin. I also really love Essie "Fiji". This is the most muted option of the bunch, and it has a more soft, feminine feel. Cascade Cool is a really cute blue-toned pink that veers more towards the purple tones - still a very nice option.

Swatches & Full Reviews: Essie "Fiji", Kiko "Flamingo Pink" (#288)

Lastly, I also love bringing out the blues & turquoises in the summer time. My favorite turquoise has to be Julep "Robin". It's the most perfect turquoise color I've tried so far. Kiko Light Misty Green definitely comes close. My favorite blue to wear is Essie "Bikini So Teeny". Funny story - I wore this polish to Disney World and Cinderella noticed that my nails matched her dress, so now I call this polish my "Cinderella Blue"! That really is the best way to describe it haha!

Swatches & Full Reviews: Julep "Robin"

Hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you would like to see these polishes swatched side-by-side. I might do a part 2 to this post if it's requested!

No comments:

Post a Comment