Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May Favorites 2013

We've reached the end of another months which means it's "Favorites" time! This month I haven't been going crazy on eye makeup - the most I've done is a neutral eye and some mascara. However, I have been focusing on face makeup, meaning concealer, blush, bronzer, highlighter, etc.

FINALLYYYY the Real Techniques brushes have made their way to Quebec! I found this set at the Walmart Superstore near my house, and I am absolutely in love. The pink one is just perfection - it can be used to apply bronzer, blush, powder highlighter, anything. The purple one is meant for eyeshadow but I've been using it to blend cream concealer. The densities of these brushes are spot-on. Well done, Sam Chapman!

My nail polish favorite this month is Essie "Fiji", which I'm sure you've heard me discuss at length. You can find a full review of this nail polish by clicking HERE, but in sum, I think it's the best summer colour. So flattering, and so pretty. Also, Seche Vite is an all-time favorite but I figured it merited an appearance in at least one monthly favorites post. It dries your nails completely in about two minutes. I'm not sure what I'd do without it!

This is the NYC bronzer in "Sunny" which, honestly, I've been neglecting it for a little while! I'm so glad I rediscovered it because I love how matte it is, making it really easy to dust lightly all over the face, giving you an instant tan!

I got this MAC mineralized skinfinish back in March but since I didn't do March or April favorites, here it is - however, I should mention that I've literally been using it every since I got it. It's the perfect highlighter - a really lovely bronzy, champagne color that looks awesome atop the cheekbones. It's subtle enough that you won't look shiny/greasy, but luminous enough that you'd notice a healthy-looking difference in your skin. It makes it look like it sucks the sunlight right to your cheekbones, which is actually really flattering.

This next product is the Ro's Argan Body Conditioner from Lush. I've been using this after every shower on my arms and legs and I've been enjoying it very much. The scent is sooo nice, and it does a good job hydrating your skin. My only problem is that it takes a little while to sink in, but when it does, your skin becomes really soft!

And last but not least, my favorite candle of the month is Espresso Bar from the Bath & Body Works Italy collection. It makes my room smell like a coffee shop! It definitely smells like espresso, but it also has very detectable vanilla-scented sweetness to it. A must-have if you're into sweet dessert scents like I am!

That concludes my monthly favorites! Let me know if you've done a monthly favorites post for May and leave a link in the comments as I would love to read it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment