Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Target, MAC & BBW Haul!

Hey everyone! As you may know, I was in Florida this past week (which explains the lack of blogging haha)! Although I didn't pick up any of these items actually in Florida, we passed through New York where I had time to get some shopping done. Shockingly, I'd never actually shopped in Target before, so that was definitely a must. I also picked up one item at the MAC counter in Macy's, a few Bath & Body Works candles, and one nail polish at a beauty specialty store.

Yes to Tomatoes Clear Skin Mask (Target - $15): I have this on as I'm typing this blog post, and I must say I'm enjoying it! Very refreshing and clean-feeling. I bought this because I was itching for a good face mask and we don't have much of the Yes To range here in Canada (we only have the face wipes I think), so I thought this would be a good choice. Liking it so far!

St. Ives Apricot Scrub + Bonus travel size lotion (Target - like $3): I really like this scrub a lot, and although I don't use an exfoliator every day, this is definitely a nice one to have. Honestly I think this huge size cost maybe a dollar more than the travel sized one I got here... So cheap.

Elf eyelash curler (Target - $1): So these are kinda heavy-duty and not very gentle at all, but I needed a new eyelash curler and it was a dollar, you guys. A dollar.

Maybelline Gel Liner Blackest Black (Target - $8): Apparently some gurus like this gel liner more than the MAC one, and I've honestly never used gel liner before, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The brush it comes with looked pretty shitty so I also got an Elf liner brush for good measure which was also a dollar. Not much else to say about that!

MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle (Macy's - $30): I've been lusting after this product for sooo long now. Actually, I've been lusting after any powder highlighter because I don't own one, but especially this one. With tax, this baby came out to $32 as opposed to $40 I'd pay here. Not too bad!


Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara (Target - $7): Unfortunately I got this in brown (*facepalm*), but I really just wanted to see if it would clump or not. Verdict - no clumps! I might just go out and buy this in black, but don't hold me to it...

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (Target - $4 maybe?): Repurchase. Hit pan on my current one. Love this stuff.

Essie Sand Tropez (Target - $8): I've been searching for a beautiful nude color far and wide and I thought I'd give this a shot. It's a little on the brown side but I'm eager to see how it fairs.

OPI Vant To Bite My Neck (Beauty Store - $7.50): This is an absolutely gorgeous eggplant creme that I've looked up countless swatches of, so when I saw that OPI is under $10 in the States I jumped at the chance to get it! I would have also picked up Bubble Bath if they had it but, alas, they didn't. :( Swatch to come!

Carmex (Walmart - $1): My lips were feeling a little dry so I went ahead and got this while we were doing grocery shopping at Walmart. It does the trick.

Bath & Body Works Pear & Market Peach Candles (2 for $22): These smell so so so yummy! I love them!

So that concludes the beauty & candle portion of the stuff I bought while in America! Just as a side note - I got a pale blue denim polka-dotted shirt and maroon leggings from Target, dark blue jeans and a pink shirt ($15 vs. $40 here...!!!) from Old Navy, and some new Nikes from The Shoe Dept. :) I also got some other bits & bobs before leaving but those will be featured in a later collective haul. Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment