Wednesday, February 6, 2013

January Beauty Favorites (Finally!)

Hey everyone! Long time no blog! I'm finally finished my most hectic week of school (apart from final exams), so I thought I'd finally post my January favorites. I didn't have too many favorites this month because I didn't usually have time to focus on my makeup in the mornings, so most of these products would be nice to use if you're in a rush (and I'll tell you exactly how & why I use them).

Bioderma Micellaire Solution: I received this for Christmas and have used it almost every day since. It does an incredible job at removing eye makeup (waterproof as well!), and I also use it as a toner. If, let's say, I already washed my face in the morning, but I'm only getting ready in the afternoon, instead of washing my face again before makeup I'll put some Bioderma on a cotton pad and quickly sweep it onto my face. I'm kind of sad about how fast I'm using up this product considering how expensive it is, but I would definitely say it's worth it!

Marcelle Hydra-C Foundation: This foundation was on sale at Pharmaprix this month so I decided to pick it up instead of my Marcelle matte foundation, and I have been really enjoying it. My favorite part is the packaging. It's not a pump or a screw top, it's a squeeze tube, so you can control exactly how much product you need. It's super practical!

Blistex Lip Medex: I haven't been putting too much color on my lips lately because they've been sore and dry, so I mostly just reached for my Blistex. It does a really good job at moisturizing, and sometimes I'll put it on right before bed and wake up with really soft lips. Definitely a staple product.

Dual-Ended Sephora Face Brush: I picked this up at Sephora on Boxing Day for $12 and have found it very practical. I've been wanting to get the MAC 168 angled blush brush for a while now, but I really feel like this Sephora one has remedied that need. I don't use the round side as I find it too dense for powders, but the angled side is perfect for blush, bronzer, and contouring.

MAC 217 brush: Now I know why Tanya Burr has like 10 of these bad boys. They're so practical for eye makeup - be it for an all-over wash of color, contouring, or blending. I've even seen this used as a concealer brush which is just astounding. It's so multi-purpose and incredible, I highly recommend it.

NARS Laguna bronzer: I've said before and I'll say it again, I adore this bronzer. I've been going back and forth between this and my NYC Sunny bronzer, but I have to say there is really no comparison. This one is just 100% better. It's the perfect shade for my skintone, it's super sheer, and it makes my skin look really healthy. I swear by this stuff.

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in "RSVP": I think I wore this almost every day in January. I patted some on to my lids with my finger, contoured a little with some matte brown eyeshadow - using my 217 ;), added some mascara and called it a day. I think it's really comparable to Urban Decay's Sin (but I'll probably do a full post on that). It's really convenient and a nice shimmery nude for every day.

So that's it for my January favorites! Now onto February (my birthday month)!

No comments:

Post a Comment