Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Favorites

Hey everyone! Can't believe my birthday month has already come to an end. Sad, sad. However, that means it's time for February Favorites! I'm adding non-beauty favorites to this post because I don't actually have that many beauty favorites, so here goes...

TRESemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protectant Spray: I got this as a Klout perk at the beginning of the month and have been really loving it. I got it with the shampoo & conditioner from this line so I'll be reviewing the trio soon!

Bumble and bumble Surf Spray: You guys probably could have predicted that this would be in my favorites this month because I gave it such a positive review. Seriously though, it does great things for my hair.

Soap & Glory Hand Food: My hands have been soooo soo dry this month and this has been my go-to hand cream. Do I think it's particularly life-changing? No, it's a hand cream. But it smells nice and does the job, so I'm happy with it.

MAC Lustre lipstick in "Syrop": I got this as a birthday gift and have been wearing it everyday since. It's such a nice, subtle color and I think it matches my skin tone really well. It's pretty sheer too since it's a Lustre finish, making it really easy to reapply throughout the day. Love!

OPI Liquid Sand in "Get Your Number": Guys. This stuff is SO cool. I haven't been on my NOTD game lately so I haven't photographed it (unfortunately), but I did snap a quick Instagram - CLICK HERE to see it. The application is just unreal and the texture is awesome. I really would love to purchase another one but I've been going a bit nail polish-happy this month, so unfortunately I'll have to refrain...

Bath & Body Works Candle in "Winter": This is my only "empty" for this month, and for good reason. This was such an amazing candle and I'm so sad to see it gone. It was the perfect combination of sweet and spicy with a little bit of fresh pine scent. It wasn't overbearing whatsoever and made the house smell fresh and cozy.

iPhone 4: I got this in the middle of the month and of course, it has been my number one favorite. It's so much more user-friendly compared to my Blackberry so I've been really happy with it. That also means I've got a few app favorites this month...

Apps Gone Free: This is an app that offers paid apps for free on one-day-only promotions. I've gotten some great games and utility apps out of it so it's definitely worth the download. It's awesome for iPad too!

Instagram: Of course, I had to get an Instagram. (Link to follow me is in the left sidebar). I actually much prefer Instagram for my NOTDs lately so if you want a sneak peek of what I've been wearing on my nails - check it out!

Icon Pop Quiz: I had this app on my iPad for a while now and actually beat all the levels, but they seem to have updated it and added some new ones. Basically you have to guess what each image corresponds to. All of the themes are pop culture-related. It's really had me hooked!



This has been my absolute favorite YouTube video this month - Tyler Oakley featured on You Deserve a Drink. It made me laugh so hard, I must have watched it at least 7 times.



If you are interested in the whole YouTube phenomena, I highly suggest ninebrassmonkeys' documentary series on the topic. This week's video has proved to be incredibly controversial (I too have some issues with it - especially his opinion on makeup gurus), but the core argument is valid in my opinion. Have a look for yourself!

So that concludes the February favorites! Please leave links to your "favorites" posts in the comments below, and please recommend some good apps for me to download!

No comments:

Post a Comment