Thursday, February 21, 2013

Confessions of a Blogger TAG

Hey everyone! A while ago, Meghan from Mainly Meghan tagged me to do this post! I had it sitting in my drafts for so long that I figured it was finally time to bring it to life. Big thanks to Meghan for tagging me! Do go check out her blog :)

Have you had any past online presence before? (Other blog, YouTube, etc)
Yup! I had one other blog before. I can't remember what it's called and I think I deleted it, but I used to use it as a diary type thing where I'd recap my day and stuff. I think I posted a total of maybe four times? LOL. Kind of a fail. But I've had Tumblr and Twitter for a very, very long time. I'm no internet newb ;)

Why did you start a blog?
Specifically - because I was procrastinating on some homework. Actually - because I knew I wanted to get into the online beauty world, and I felt like YouTube was too big a leap (still is).

When did you become so serious about starting a blog?
Well, I started mine in February of last year, but I only started blogging "seriously" in the summer. I mean, I still don't see it as a very serious thing. I don't give myself any restrictions and blogging is, in the end, just a hobby. My only goal is to post at least 10 times per month, which is pretty challenging especially because I'm in school, but it's reasonable considering my will to keep this blog alive and running.

What was your first post?
I guess you can say I kind of eased into blogging about beauty. My first post was this gem of an introduction, and my three subsequent posts had nothing to do with beauty. My first beauty post was my "most worn tag: summer 2012" - back when I included 2000 photos in one entry hahaha.

This is the first picture I ever posted on this blog. Sooo pretty right? :P


What has been your biggest challenge while blogging?
Coming up with content is tough sometimes but I always manage to think of something. I think I get into this rut of like, "is this post going to be popular? Are people going to want to read this?" and sometimes I forget to blog about what I like aside from beauty. I used to do Tumblr recaps (i.e. what I've been reblogging on Tumblr), and movie reviews. I plan on doing more soon.

Where do you see your blog in one year?
Hopefully at 1000 followers! I do work really hard on this page and it would be great to see so many people enjoying it!

What is the most rewarding thing about blogging?
I think it's nice to have my friends come to me and say "hey I read your blog! It's great!" It's a huge confirmation for me because I know at least someone is appreciating my posts - and I can get instant feedback.

What is the most discouraging thing about blogging?
I'm going to be honest. I feel like most of the people that read my blog and comment are only looking to advertise their page. I don't get any real feedback. I rarely get comments that show an engagement with the post. It can be a little discouraging.

But then I realize we're all in the same boat; our goals are to reach x amount of followers and you need to put yourself out there somehow. It serves as a lesson to me as well: I try to comment on as many other blogs as possible to show that I a) care and support my fellow #bbloggers and b) actually read the post! However I do leave my URL at the bottom because it's true - I gotta do what I gotta do lol!

What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?
I think it's just the thought of seeing how much my blog will have evolved in one, two, three years. I love going through a popular blog's archives and seeing how basic and trivial their early posts were in comparison to where they are now. My blog is essentially beauty-related, but I put a lot of "Erica" into it. So it's going to be cool to see how it turns out.

I'll go ahead and tag a few people... Sophia, Jessica, Laura, Sophia, Beth, Laura, Elysa, Annabelle. Of course (as always), feel free to complete the tag yourself! If you got this far it would be a shame not to leave a comment! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment