Thursday, December 27, 2012

December Glam Bag

Hey everyone! I know this post is a little late, but I figure it's always worth making beauty subscription posts so that you guys can have a reference for past products if you ever feel like subscribing.

Overall I'm very pleased with my subscription to Glam Bag. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my January subscription because of all the money I spent this holiday season, but once my bank account recovers a little I will definitely renew it.

The first product is this super tiny sample of NYX's Ultra Pearl Mania loose pigment. I have no idea what the name of the color is (it doesn't say on the sample), but it's a very pretty pink pearlescent shimmer. I've worn it once with my L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Amber Rush and Urban Decay "Toasted" in the crease and it looked really nice. To be honest, I kinda wish I'd received the champagne color instead, but this is still a cute little product to have.

Next is the Mai Couture highlighter papier in "St. Barts". I was actually really excited about this product because it's so unique. Basically, you rip out a sheet in the little booklet and sweep it over your cheek bones for an instant highlight. At first I wasn't too crazy about the color; it's kind of on the orange side, but I ended up really enjoying the effect and I can see myself wearing it a ton during the summer time.

I was really excited to receive this primer because my Urban Decay one is beginning to run out. It's clear in color and has a very fluffy consistency (similar to Smashbox Photofinish primer). It does a great job for smoothing out the skin. What's unfortunate is that, given the small size of the tube, I probably wouldn't use it as a face primer under foundation because I would run out really quickly (although I feel like the consistency and effect of the product would be perfect for that).

Next is this red lip gloss from Be A Bombshell in the shade "Hot Mess". I actually wore this on Christmas Eve and I absolutely loved it. Of course, it's worn best over red lipstick (I can totally predict wearing this over MAC's Russian Red), but it can be worn on its own as well. This is definitely an upgrade from last month's lip gloss.

I love it when subscription services provide products that are actually useful. It's fun to get some items that you would otherwise never purchase (like the highlighting papiers, for example), but a solid black eyeliner is great. Urban Decay is an awesome brand and I've been meaning to try this product out. The name is spot-on, too. It really just glides right on, and stays put. I've kinda graduated from lining my water line with black eyeliner, but this would be a great product to do just that. I recommend it.

So overall, I ended up enjoying every single one of these products which is a rare thing for a subscription service! I genuinely foresee using each item. I'm definitely going to renew my subscription later on next year. If you guys are interested, the January bag includes Josie Maran Argan Oil, which is a highly raved about product.

Let me know if you enjoy these posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment