Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 FAVORITES!

Hey everyone! So the year wouldn't be complete without a recap of all my favorite things, and I decided to divide this up into categories, telling you my top 4 in each. This was honestly really difficult and I thought about it quite a bit! Hope you enjoy.

Of course, I could not give you a top 4 without telling y'all my makeup faves. First is the Urban Decay Naked palette that I received for my birthday in February. I won't dwell on this one too long because if you know anything about me, you will know that this is my ultimate eyeshadow palette ever.

Next is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, which I picked up thanks to Tanya Burr on YouTube. It does an incredible job at mattifying the skin, so if you are of the oily type, I highly recommend it.

Along the same lines, Urban Decay's De Slick has been a lifesaver. I definitely think this helps my makeup stay put, and it definitely controls oil really well.

Last is my Korres lip butter in Wild Rose. I purchased this product during the summer thanks to EssieButton on YouTube, and I've loved it ever since. Whenever I'm not sure which lip product to wear, I always reach for this one. It's such a pretty color and a pleasure to wear.

The first nail polish is China Glaze's Ruby Pumps, which is kinda cheating since I only just received it for Christmas. I can predict that this might also be a 2013 favorite, just because I love it a lot.

Next is also a China Glaze polish, but this one is called Prism. It's an amazing, sparkly, glittery lilac-toned nail polish and I have nothing more to say about it except that it's beautiful. I'm wearing it for New Year's!

Third is Essie's Bahama Mama. This was my ultimate fall nail color and I found myself gravitating towards it multiple times during the season. I honestly think it's such a classy color, and a great alternative to the traditional red.

Last but not least, Julep's Kate. Now, I didn't predict liking this polish as much as I did, but I've been absolutely loving this. I thought white nails were tacky at first, but I've grown to love them. I've found it to be a wonderful year-round color and a perfect base for glitter polishes. The formula is super smooth (absolutely no streaks).

I wore Julep "Kate" during the winter as well. Here, it's underneath Essie's Shine of the Times.


In 2012, I've been obsessed with watching YouTube videos. Mainly for beauty and makeup purposes, but also for entertainment. First is EssieButton, whom I've mentioned many times on my blog. She's funny and has a knack for picking out lovely beauty items. Many products I've purchased have been due to her recommendation.

MissGlamorazzi is also a YouTuber I've been watching very frequently. Her demeanor is always super cute and optimistic and she's just so much fun to watch. Her vlogs are also really entertaining.

Next is FunForLouis. This is actually his second channel, but I can't really bare to watch his main channel to be honest lol. This year, he went on a UK roadtrip with Sam Pepper and Mazzi Maz, and vlogged every single bit of the way. Sam and Maz vlogged too, but I found Louis' the most fun to watch. He's currently staying with Sawyer Hartman (another YouTuber) and Sam in Los Angeles, and is vlogging every second day.

Alright, I seriously couldn't pick between these girls. They're YouTube's trifecta of awesomeness. Last year, I would've placed JennaMarbles in the non-beauty YouTube favorite category, but these three just take the cake this year. MyHarto's My Drunk Kitchen is very likely the funniest channel on YouTube. Hannah is also a really great person. Next is Mamrie Hart's channel You Deserve a Drink. Again, super funny. I can find myself watching her videos for hours. Last but not least is DailyGrace. She uploads videos Monday through Friday and is super witty.

I won't spend too much time talking about my music favorites, but here they are. First is Ed Sheeran's + album, which I listened to all the time whilst in Italy. This is definitely my top favorite album of the year.

Next is Taylor Swift's Red, which I'd been anticipating all year and was not disappointed by. She strays from her country genre quite a bit, but I just can't help loving her music.

I also really enjoyed Ellie Goulding's new album (admittedly not as much as Ed's & Taylor's). Her sound is so unique and I'm glad I was introduced to her music.

Lastly, is Miley Cyrus' backyard sessions which can be found on YouTube. I'm such a fan of her voice and every song she sings is so spot-on. Adore this girl.

This year I spent a lot of time watching movie staples that I had not previously seen, the first being the Shawshank Redemption. I could seriously go on and on about this movie. It was just perfect.

Next is Fight Club. I loved this story so much, and I even ended up reading the book. It's a cult favorite for a reason.

So specifically for 2012, I have to say, I really enjoyed the Avengers. I saw it multiple times in theatres and never got bored of it. It's chock-full of great actors and so much fun to watch. This was a big year for superhero movies but to me, this was the clear stand-out.

Last but not least, the Hunger Games. I read the books a while ago so I was very, very excited for this movie. I had high hopes and they were certainly met. Not much else to say - I loved every part of this film.

Finally, television. This year I kinda strayed away from my usual genre (think Gossip Girl, The OC, PLL), and started watching a variety of different shows. First up is How I Met Your Mother, which has been a favorite for years, to be honest. This show never fails to make me laugh, and I have so much love for all the characters. I'm going to be so upset when this is over.

I also really enjoyed watching the show Revenge this year. It's still relatively new (halfway through season 2), so I recommend starting it if you don't watch it already. It's super thrilling and the premise is really interesting.

Gah, gotta love me some Suits. This was the TV show I least expected to love this year. It's basically about lawyers, which I would generally hate, but the characters are so likeable and the storyline is so great. And yeah. A+

Lastly, the Food Network. I mean, there isn't much to say here. I like food and I like television and the Food Network exists, so obviously I'm a fan. Notables include Chopped, Cupcake Wars, and most recently, Iron Chef.

And that concludes my 2012 favorites! I hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating 2013, and thank you so much for reading Abundance of Erica this past year. It's been a lot of fun to update and I look forward to blogging in the upcoming year :)

3 comments:

  1. I only watch two shows- The Big Bang Theory and HIMYM. I hear this is the last season, I think the wife is Barney's step sister.

    Mainlymeghan.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice in music. Ed and taylor are simply the best. Thats why im going to google Ellie Goulding's album, coz youre saying its good
    All the best in this new year
    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent choices! I agree very much with the Korres lip butter and Bahama Mama. A great blog post!

    Zoe xx
    beautylifebalance.com.au

    ReplyDelete