Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sephora Holiday Goodies PART TWO

About a week and a half ago I wrote up a blog post letting you guys know about Sephora's holiday sets and my thoughts about them, and I mentioned that there would be a follow-up to that post regarding the individual brands that Sephora sells. So, I'm going to pick my favorite brands (in no particular order) and let you know what kind of holiday specials you can get with them :)




Too Faced Beauty Editor Darlings Set

- 0.13 oz Deluxe Lashgasm Mascara
- 0.17 oz Deluxe Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer
- 0.1 oz Deluxe Glamour Gloss Volumizing Lip Gloss in Sexpot
- 0.12 oz Deluxe Lip Insurance Smoothing Anti-Feathering Lip Primer
- 0.17 oz Deluxe Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer


When I think of Too Faced, I automatically think "Two Faced Shadow Insurance", so I like that they included that product in this set. Overall, I think this set is an incredibly inexpensive way to try out the brand. I would seriously jump on this offer if you have a spare $25.

Too Faced Sweet Love Set

- 0.17 oz Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer
- 0.5 oz Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer 
- 0.03 oz Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner 
- 0.4 oz LashGASM Mascara 
- Face Brush 
- 6 x 0.02 oz Eye Shadow
- 2 x 0.14 oz Blush
- 2 x 0.05 oz Lip Gloss Love Sweet Love Palette 
- Plush velveteen travel bag


Although this one's a little more expensive, I'm sure that brush covers much of the cost. I researched their brushes a little and they seem like really good quality. Again, I'm glad this set includes the Shadow Insurance, and how cute is that travel bag? This would make a really good gift for someone!




bareMinerals Simply Irresistible Collection

- 0.33 oz Flawless Definition Curl and Lengthen Mascara in Black
- 3 x 0.02 oz Eyecolor in Posh, Queen Phyillis, Heirloom
- 0.03 oz All-Over Face Color in Secret Radiance
- 0.03 oz Cheek Tint in Charm
- 0.14 oz Natural Lipgloss in Pink Marzipan
- 0.04 oz Round the Clock Waterproof Eyeliner in Midnight
- Double-Ended Tapered Blush and Shadow Brush 


I've never tried this brand so this set is really intriguing for me. The brush is a little odd (two-in-one eyeshadow and blush brush?!), but there's something about this brand that's attractive to me. I guess because they don't use weird chemicals in their products, I'm under the impression that they're of higher quality. If anyone's tried out bareMinerals stuff, let me know what you think in the comments & feel free to leave links to any of your blog posts about it!

bareMinerals Insider Collection

- 0.01 oz Sugared Bronze Eyecolor
- 0.02 oz Flawless Radiance All-Over Face Color 
- 0.15 oz Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Rule Breaker
- 0.14 oz Whipped Velvet Long-Wear Eyecolor in Plush Brown 
- 0.33 oz Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen Mascara in Black
- 0.04 oz Round The Clock Waterproof Eyeliner in 2AM 


To be honest, the Simply Irresistible collection is more appealing to me, maybe because of the brighter colors. I'm not sure. This one is still pretty good, but personally I'd either go for the other set, or switch brand all-together. I guess if I'm going to treat myself to one of these holiday sets, I'd be a little disappointed at a box full of brown-toned items.




Benefit High Flyin' Glosses

- 6 x 0.22 oz Lip Gloss in Coralista, Dallas, Bellabamba, HOOLA, Sugarbomb, Dandelion

I've always wanted to try out Benefit glosses because they always look so cute (shades and packaging), so this is a great set! I also like how these are 6 decent-sized products, because Benefit sample sizes can get really tiny sometimes, which is a shame. But these are perfect :)

Benefit Upgrade to Gorgeous!

- 0.05 oz Laugh With Me LeeLee 
- 0.25 oz POREfessional 
- 0.45 oz High Beam 
- 0.1 oz They're Real 
- 0.42 oz Sugarbomb


This is my favorite Benefit set out right now because it gives you a really good sampling of a variety of Benefit products. I would be most excited to try POREfessional and the Sugarbomb blush (how pretty does that look?!). 

Benefit always has tons of sets out year-round so be sure to check the Sephora or Benefit websites because there might be a set that you will like more.




Korres Butter Me Up Body & Lip Butter Collection

- 3 x 0.21 oz Lip Butter in Guava, Jasmine, Quince 
- 4 x 1.69 oz Body Butter in Jasmine, Guava, Basil Lemon, Apple Blossom 


Korres is a brand that really tickles my fancy (lol yes, I did just say that). I have one of their lip butters (in the color Wild Rose) and it's amazing. The color pay-off is fantastic and it tints your lips a little so the color remains even after the butter wears off. My only gripe is that these lip butters are $18 each (steep, I know), but Korres is throwing them in their sets for free, practically. I can't say I'd really enjoy the body butters as I'm more of a lotion girl, but hey. This is a good deal.

Korres "Best Of" Collection

- 0.34 oz Quercetin and Oak Antiageing Face Primer
- 0.24 oz Quercetin and Oak Antiageing and Antiwrinkle Eye Cream
- 0.34 Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizing and Brightening Cream
- 1.69 oz Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser


I'm getting more and more into skincare lately and Korres is a brand that makes a lot of such items. I would love to receive this set in order to broaden my skincare horizons, shall we say. Also this would make a nice gift for a mom or aunt or something.




NARS Walk On The Wild Side 

- 0.25 oz Nail Polish in It (ultra-violet)
- 0.11 oz Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Orgasm (peachy pink with shimmer)
- 0.57 oz Illuminator in Silver Factory (silver)


So, unfortunately NARS is on the pricier side of the makeup spectrum (3 items for over $40, only 2 of which are full-sized), however their products are super high quality and a lot of fun. These two sets are from their Andy Warhol collection, which makes a great addition to any makeup collector's stash. I personally would not purchase this set because I really don't like any of the shades they chose, but one of you may like it!

NARS Kiss Mini Larger Than Life Lip Gloss Coffret

- 5 x 0.11 oz Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Silver Factory (aluminum glitter), Chelsea Girls (flesh-toned beige), Drella (ultra sheer hot pink), Blue Movie (pink sherbet), Myths (rosy pink) 

I hear a lot of great things about NARS lip glosses so this is a great bargain, in my opinion. The lip glosses come out to less than $15 each, and even though they're mini sizes, let's be honest--how many times have you finished a lip gloss in its entirety? And anyway, this set is actually called a "coffret". So there's that.




Stila Seeing Stars Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner Set

- 5 x 0.01 oz Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Line in Stargazer, Angelfish, Tetra, Moray, Oscar Fish

Now, for some reason these Stila sets don't appeal to me as much as the other brands' stuff. I think it's because the packaging is riddled with snowflakes, which will undoubtedly make me not want to use them any other season. However, the Smudge Sticks have been immensely raved about online so I definitely wouldn't reject them lol!

Stila All Is Bright Lip Glaze Set

- 8 x 0.05 oz Lip Glaze in Jack Frost, Jingle, Holly, Jolly, Joy, Splendor, Black Cherry, Sugar Plum

This is a lip gloss lover's dream. Eight full-sized lip glosses that come out to less than $5 each... Incredible. Not much else to say about that!






Tarte Fantastic Foursome 4-piece Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Enthusiast Set

- 4 x 0.1 oz Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Angelic (shimmering champagne), Fantastic (soft fuchsia), Magic (pink coral), Stellar (shimmering nude) 

I really love this set because it includes two (very different) blushes, as well as a bronzer and a highlighter. I've swatched all of these in person and they're really nicely pigmented! I would love to get this. (Though I could have done without the obnoxiously long product name. What the heck.)


Tarte 5-Piece LipSurgence Collector's Set

- 2 x LipSurgence™ Lip Luster in Escape, Sweet
- 2 x LipSurgence™ Lip Tint in Enchanted, Elite
- LipSurgence™ Matte Lip Tint Exposede 


So this is the holiday set that first peaked my interest and therefore exposed me to all these other amazing sets. The LipSurgence products have been on my wishlist for a really long time now, ever since I swatched the lot of them at Sephora one day. This gives a nice variety of them as well, including a matte one too. They come out to about $8 each in this set, which is practically a steal.






Honourable Mentions

Illamasqua Alter Ego Mystery Selection

- 0.5 oz Nail Varnish in Jo’Mina (electric lilac) 
- 0.14 oz Lipstick in Fable (rose pink matte) 
- 0.2 oz mystery Intense Lipgloss
- 0.2 oz mystery Sheer Lipgloss
- 0.14 oz mystery Cream Blusher 
- 0.014 mystery Lipstick 
- 0.07 oz mystery Cream Eye Shadow 
- 0.28 oz mystery Liquid Metal 
- 2 x 0.035 oz mystery Medium Pencil 

This is definitely the most exciting holiday set out right now. You get 9 products in total, 7 of which are "mystery" products. You only find out what they are when you receive the box. This struck me as scary at first because Illamasqua has some crazy-colored stuff, but the reviews make it look pretty promising!

Yves St. Laurent Holiday Set

- 0.06 oz Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking Luxurious Mascara for a False Lash Effect in 01 Deep Black
- 0.2 oz Golden Gloss Shimmering Lip Gloss in 10 Golden Peony (light strawberry pink)
- 0.028 oz Dessin Du Regard Waterproof Long-Lasting Waterproof Eye Pencil in 1 Black Ink (inky black)
- 0.1 oz Touche Éclat Radiant Touch Highlighter in 2 Luminous Ivory
- Black makeup pouch

I mean, a YSL gift set. What else does a girl really need? This will make a great gift for any makeup lover because, as we know, YSL is expensive. What a happy day it would be to go from zero YSL products to four. By the way, how huge does that makeup pouch look?!

And that's it! Other brands that have holiday sets out that I didn't talk about include Smashbox, Kat Von D and Philosophy. I suggest having a look at Sephora's website for more information! Hopefully you found this blog post informative. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment