Saturday, November 10, 2012

Removing Glitter Polish

Hey everyone! So I switched my glitter nail polish today (NOTD to come), and I wanted to show you exactly how I removed it because it worked out really well. I received a comment from Myf on my last NOTD explaining the best way to remove glitter polish, and she left me THIS link, so I figured I'd try it out and get back to you guys. It worked like a charm!

Materials: One large-ish sheet of aluminum foil, a few cotton pads (or cotton balls if you wish), and nail polish remover

Step 1: Rip apart the aluminum foil into 10 pieces. They should be a little larger than the ones photographed above (sorry about that lol)

Step 2: Tear a cotton pad in half and soak it in nail polish remover

Step 3: Place the cotton pad in the middle of a piece of aluminum foil

Step 4: Wrap the little contraption you just made around your finger, making sure the damp cotton pad is positioned over your nail. Make sure it's wrapped relatively tight so that it doesn't fall off. Feel free to use more aluminum if need-be. Leave your fingers to soak for at least 5 minutes, but I suggest 8-10 minutes.

Step 5: For my left hand, I didn't leave the aluminum on long enough, so not all of the polish was removed. If this happens, wipe off the rest normally, or use Sally Hansen Kwik Off (you just stick your finger inside and let the rest of the polish soak off). However, if you leave the aluminum on long enough, all of the polish should slide right off when the aluminum is removed. Apply a little pressure when removing the aluminum so that the polish will be sure to rub completely off of your nail.

Use a cotton swab with remover to wipe off the polish left in the corners (I forgot to do that before taking the pic lol!) And there you have it! Thanks again to Myf for the suggestion, and let me know if you try out this tip :) Have a good weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. waow really great tip, i love wear glitery polish and its really hard to erase it, i think im gonna try it, thx for the tips dear :)

    ReplyDelete