Friday, November 9, 2012

L'Oreal Sale FALL 2012 Haul

Hey everyone! I mentioned on Twitter yesterday that I would be going to the L'Oreal sale in Montreal this morning so I figured I'd tell you guys about my experience and do a mini haul :) Obviously, I don't have much need for excessive amounts of makeup right now because my collection is pretty solid, but there were some things I couldn't resist!

The L'Oreal Sale is an invitation-only event. It's pretty easy to get tickets, though. L'Oreal ships off tickets to companies in batches, so if you ask around you will likely find someone who will have a spare. Also, I've heard that there will sometimes be people standing around Guy and McGill metro handing out extras. Or you can try Kijiji, I'm sure. Anyway, one ticket is valid for two people, and both people can visit two times.

How discounted are the prices? I'll let you know the individual breakdown of the items I purchased, but the deals are, in short, incredible. Most items are marked down more than 60%, to give you a rough idea. The brands that I saw available at the sale: L'Oreal (duh), Maybelline, Essie, Garnier, Redken, Biotherm, Lancome, and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. They by no means have the widest selection of products, but you can really just get what you need.

The warehouse is a little hectic, however the counters are super organized and the employees clean them and organize them regularly. There are people who spend over $500 at a time, because they stock up on a year's worth of products, so you can imagine how crazy it gets!

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows: If always intrigued by these whenever I go to the drugstore because I always swatch them and find that the pigmentation is incredible. I'm a little reluctant to pay $9 for a single eyeshadow, but these were marked down to $2.25 each! If I was in more of a shopping mood, I would probably have purchased 10 more of these things.

Essie nailpolishes: The selection of Essie polishes wasn't astounding, however I picked up two shades I've been wanting for a while now. Boxer Shorts was part of a collection that isn't sold in-stores anymore (at least not at my local drugstore) so I was pretty excited to see it there. Shine of the Times is a polish that caught my eye every time I've walked past the Essie section of Pharmaprix, so I picked this up automatically. They were available for $6 at the sale, as opposed to $10.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer: I messed up on this one. I picked it up without checking the shade. It's a little dark for me, but I'll probably be able to use it during the summer. I might have my friend pick up a better shade for me when she goes. I got this for $3.75 and they usually sell for $12.

L'Oreal True Match Foundation in "Nude Beige": Buying foundations at events like these is always a toss-up, because you can never really be sure you're getting the right color. I think I picked a good one but I'll have to test it properly to see! I got it for $3.75 (priced regularly at $18...!!!).

Of course, I couldn't go to a sale like this without picking up a few items for you guys! So as a little surprise, I'll be giving away the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer, a L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Bronze Taupe, and a Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe. The giveaways is open to Canadians only and will end on November 16th (only open for a week, so get your entries in!). Regular rules apply (18+, I won't be responsible for damages, etc).




Remember, this is a CANADA ONLY giveaway! Good luck!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment: