Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sephora Holiday Goodies PART ONE

Hey guys! I was at Sephora yesterday and I got really excited to see all the amazing holiday deals going on right now, so I thought I would share them with you. Each individual brand is having their own specials, which I will talk more about in part two of this post, but Sephora is also doing a bunch "Sephora Favorites" holiday sampler packages. If I understand correctly, you need to purchase the entire package, test out the products, and then present the coupon found inside the box to receive a full-size version of the product you liked best.

I'll show you guys each of the packages and what I would be excited to receive in each package. I think these will make excellent Christmas/Hanukkah/etc gifts, but I also think they're going to sell out SUPER quickly, so you may need to act fast!

Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip lip sampler

- 0.08 oz Fresh Sugar Rosé’ Tinted Lip Treatment (sheer berry rose)
- 0.12 oz Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Child (sheer nude)
- 0.1 oz Bite Beauty Lip Shine in Vintage (sheer mauve)
- 0.1 oz Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Baby Doll (soft pink shimmer)
- 0.1 oz Tarte LipSurgence™ Natural Matte Lip Tint in Hope (warm rose)
- 0.5 oz Sephora Collection Glossy Gloss in Precious Pink (very sheer pink with iridescent shimmer)


The most exciting product in this kit, for me, is definitely the Tarte LipSurgence lip tint. As you'll see in a subsequent post, Tarte has a bunch of holiday sets of their own (including one that sells five fullsize lip tints), but if you're interested in just testing out the product, this is a really great deal. I'm not too excited about the Fresh Sugar Rose tinted lip treatment because Sephora lovers will already have picked this up in their free birthday gift (and, to be honest, it wasn't my favorite product ever). The Hourglass lip gloss looks nice but I wish they put in their liquid lipstick instead. Oh, and notice how there's no lipsticks in here? Hmmm.

One last thing I'll say about this package is that it's a lot smaller in size than the other ones, and it looks a little measly as a gift on its own, but other than that I think this is a fantastic deal.

Sephora Favorites Deluxe Fragrance Sampler For Her:

- 0.05 oz Ralph Lauren Romance
- 0.06 oz Gucci Flora by Gucci
- 0.05 oz Michael Kors Gold
- 0.04 oz Vera Wang Lovestruck
- 0.04 oz Oh, Lola Marc Jacobs
- 0.03 oz Pucci Miss Pucci Intense
- 0.03 oz Kenzo FlowerbyKenzo
- 0.03 oz FENDI Fan di Fendi
- 0.04 oz Taylor Swift Wonderstruck
- 0.04 oz Hanae Mori Butterfly
- Bonus: Refillable Fragrance Atomizer


I don't have much to say about this set because I'm not huge on perfumes right now, but I would be very excited about the Taylor Swift Wonderstruck perfume because I know I really love that one. I wish they had Prada Candy in here because I've been dying to try that. I feel like this would be a great gift for like, my mom or my aunt. Also, I have no idea what a "refillable fragrance atomizer" is? If someone knows please tell me in the comments!


Sephora Favorites Glitz & Glam party sampler:

- 0.09 oz Stila Duo Shimmer Powder in Kitten
- 0.018 oz Laura Mercier Baked Eye Color - Wet/Dry in Black Karat 
- 0.02 oz bareMinerals Eyecolor in Good Fortune
- 0.125 oz SEPHORA by OPI Nail Colour in Looks Like Rain Dear
- 0.11 oz Josie Maran GOGO Instant Natural Volume Argan Mascara in Black
- 1 oz Nars Body Glow
- 0.17 oz Lorac 3D Liquid Lustre Gold 
- 0.15 oz Bare Escentuals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Trail Blazer 
- 0.01 oz Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Starfish


I really, really love the makeup bag that comes with this set which is a huge plus for me. I would be most excited about the Stila Duo Shimmer Powder in Kitten because Kitten is their most popular shade. I'm also quite intrigued by NARS body glow... I'm not sure how appropriate that is for the winter but if you know someone who's going on vacation to somewhere hot then this could be nice. I've heard good things about the Stila Smudge Stick, although the one I received with my In The Know palette doesn't twist back down so yeah, I'm not a fan.

Sephora Favorites Beauty & The Bride wedding day sampler:

- 0.20 oz Josie Maran Argan Oil Color Stick in Rosy (dusty rose) 
- 0.09 oz Stila Eye Shadow in Kitten (shimmering nude pink) 
- 0.125 oz Sephora by O.P.I. Nail Colour in True Romantic (sheer cool light pink) 
- 0.25 oz Benefit The Porefessional
- 0.28 Lancôme Juicy Tubes in Spring Fling
- 0.10 oz Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! Mascara in black
- 0.05 oz bareMinerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer
- 0.04 oz Sephora Collection Flashy Liner Waterproof in Flashy Black
- 0.004 oz Buxom® Big & Healthy™ Lipstick in Brooklyn (harvest fig)
- Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens (100 sheets)
- 0.16 oz Flora by Gucci Eau Fraîche
- Voucher for a complimentary Special Occasion Makeover at the Sephora in-store Beauty Studio
- Reusable keepsake box


Of course, this would make a really nice gift if you know anyone getting married, but then again, I would be thrilled to receive this and I'm not getting married! The voucher and keepsake box are a cute touch, so I commend Sephora on that one. I would be most interested in Stila Eye Shadow in Kitten, Benefit Porefessional, Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! Mascara (if I'm not mistaken this is a waterproof mascara, which is kinda essential on a wedding day), and Boscia blotten linens. Yep, this is definitely a box I would love to receive.


Sephora Favorites Lash Stash mascara sampler:

- 0.142 oz Tarte multiplEYE - Clinically Proven Lash Enhancing Primer
- 0.068 oz Sephora Collection Outrageous Volume Mascara in Ultra Black
- 0.169 oz Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! In Black
- 0.14 oz Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Mascara in Excessive Black
- 0.128 oz Korres Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara in Obsidian Black
- 0.14 oz Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black
- 0.1 oz Benefit They're Real! Mascara in Black
- 0.2 oz Buxom Lash in Blackest Black
- 0.1 oz Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara in Black
- Sephora Collection False Eye Lashes in Flutter
- 0.01 oz Sephora Collection Eyelash Glue
- 0.29 oz Beautenizer Fiberwig in Black
- 0.38 oz Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black


This box is similar to the one I bought the other day from Pharmaprix (click HERE to see), except this one is more expensive and includes twice the amount of product. This one's super cool because you get primers and false lashes, as well as mascara. I think I'd be really excited to try out any of these mascaras, to be honest. This is a great set for a beauty blogger because it's going to be fun to test them all out and choose which one is the best. If I had to choose one I'd be most excited about it would be Benefit They're Real! because I've heard a lot about it.

Sephora Favorites In The Glow blush/bronzer/highlighter sampler:

- 0.13 oz Benefit High Beam
- 0.08 oz Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder
- 0.17 oz Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in Flush
- 0.07 oz Stila Convertible Color in Peony
- 0.11 oz Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Splendor
- 0.106 oz Lorac Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder in Spotlight
- 0.02 oz bareMinerals All Over Face Color in Pure Radiance
- 0.14 oz Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic
- 0.08 oz Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna


Alright, so this is definitely the kit I would love to receive the most because it contains three of my favorite beauty products: blush, bronzer and highlighters. I can't really pick the product I would love to try out the most because I think they're all kind of amazing. I already own NARS Laguna, and I love it, so this is a great addition. I think the tarte Amazonian Clay blush would be great, but that Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc also looks heavenly. Ahhh! This is such an amazing gift.


Sephora Favorites Super Stars beauty essentials:

- 0.035 oz Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder
- 0.063 oz Sephora Collection Microsmooth Baked Eyeshadow Trio in Sunset
- 0.16 oz Nars Blush in Orgasm
- 0.33 oz Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
- 0.50 oz Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
- 0.50 oz Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil
- 0.3 oz Benefit They're Real! Mascara 
- 0.15 oz Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Dolly 
- 0.016 oz Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner
- 0.20 oz Chloé Rollerball


This is the most expensive kit out of the bunch because this one actually includes five full-sized products--Nars Blush, Stila Eyeliner, Benefit mascara, Buxom lip gloss, and Sephora eyeshadow trio. Yes. A full-sized NARS Orgasm. While this is an incredible deal, there are less products in this one that I'm going to get excited about. The MUFE microfinish powder looks interesting, but the container is literally minuscule. Of course the NARS blush is really great, and the Benefit mascara, but I don't think rest of this box is anything to write home about.

Sephora Favorites Draw The Line eyeliner sampler:

- 0.12 oz Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Midnight Black
- 0.025 oz MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner in Mat Black 0L 
- 0.007 oz Buxom Insider Eyeliner in Black Jasper 
- 0.007 oz Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper 
- 0.058 oz Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion 
- 0.011 oz Sephora Collection Waterproof Retractable Eyeliner in 09 Glitter Black


At first, I thought this was the least-exciting box in the bunch, but now that I'm reading what's in it, I actually think I would really love this. There's a good mix of liquid and pencil liner, waterproof and regular. The MUFE and Urban Decay liners are especially intriguing, since these are two brands that I love perusing whenever I'm at Sephora.

All in all, these gift sets are all amazing deals because a lot of the time, one or two full-size items in the boxes will cover the cost of the entire thing. This way, you can experiment with different brands and broaden your Sephora horizon ;) So yeah! Great gift idea for anyone you know that loves makeup. Let me know in the comments which of these packages you would most love to receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment