Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pharmaprix VIP Day: Haul!

Hey everyone! On Saturday I got tickets for a VIP beauty event at the Pharmaprix near my house (called Shopper's Drug Mart elsewhere in Canada), and I purchased a few new products and received some cool items in my goodie bag! Additionally, Pharmaprix was giving 20x the Optimum points that day, so I had $30 extra to spend and I bought some giveaway items (which will be up as soon as I hit 100 followers).


Basically, if you purchased $50 worth of products, you received a goodie bag from Pharmaprix, and then the individual makeup counters were having their own special promotions as well.



I got my makeup done at the Stila counter (PHOTOS HERE), and I purchased their One Step Corrector and their In the Know palette. I also got a Stila makeup case (free with my $80+ purchase) which I didn't take photos of because I might end up giving it away. While I was there I thought I might as well pick up the Batiste Dry Shampoo I've been wanting (especially considering it was 20x the Optimum points). Full reviews on all three of these products to come.

I went with my mom so we ended up getting two gift bags. In the first one we received:

  • Heidi Klum "Shine" perfume (which I'm not too much of a fan of so I might start a blog sale, let me know if you'd be interested)
  • La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water Spray
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under-Eye Primer
  • La Roche-Posay Redermic Intensive Daily Anti-wrinkle firming (deluxe sample)
  • Vera Wang Princess Night perfume sample
In the second one we received:

  • ROC makeup wipes (finally something useful!)
  • La Roche-Posay Redermic Intensive Daily Anti-wrinkle firming (deluxe sample)
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under-Eye Primer
  • Lady GaGa Fame perfume sample
This was my last purchase of the day: an amazing mascara sampler! Canadians, definitely get your hands on this if you can because it's an incredible deal. Basically, you get seven deluxe samples of high-end mascara to test, and you bring back the coupon inside to claim a full-size version of the one you like the most! The whole thing is $40 which is a deal if you consider the individual prices of each of these. Of course, I'll be reviewing all of them and letting you know which one I liked the most. 
  • Clarins Instant Definition Mascara
  • Shiseido Perfect Mascara
  • Benefit Badgal Lash Mascara
  • Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara
  • Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
  • Lisa Watier 24 HRS Glam Mascara
  • Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara

I didn't take photos of these, but my mom got her makeup done at the Lancome counter and bought a Lancome Artliner in an eggplant color (awesome, because I adore the Lancome artliner), and a lipstick. She also got a free makeup bag full of Lancome goodies for purchasing those products.

All in all, this was a very fruitful day as you can see! If Pharmaprix or Shopper's is having a VIP event like this near you, I urge you to go because it was a lot of fun. They also had a photographer, buffet, and hair dresser!

Anyway, let me know in the comments which of these products you would most like to try! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment