Monday, September 3, 2012

Why Do You Wear Makeup? TAG

Hello there! I have a lot of tags saved up in my drafts at the moment, but for tonight's post I decided to pull this one out because I thought it fit my mood and today's makeup/beauty situation quite well. I hope it doesn't get too wordy but I'll do my best! Also, I picked up this tag from Lucy over at Vagabond Teen, and she got it from Sammi (Beauty Crush on YouTube). Hope you enjoy :)

1. When did you begin using makeup?

I think I began experimenting with makeup when I was around twelve years old. I specifically remember discovering my mother's Physician's Formula concealer stick and covering my blemishes one morning, thinking about how much clearer and better my face looked. That day, I went to a football game with my friend and thought, I may be chubby and have frizzy hair, but with concealer I'll have beautiful, porcelain skin and maybe then I'll attract a cute football player. (That has yet to happen, and it turns out guys couldn't care less about porcelain skin, much to my disappointment!)

2. How do you feel without makeup?


To be honest, I'm not 100% confident without makeup. If my day is going to be spent alone/with family/with friends or people I'm comfortable around, I might wear less. Basically, any day I'm not trying to impress people. Also, if the circumstances are not ideal for wearing makeup then I'll opt not to. Today, for example, I went to an amusement park with my friends and wore only waterproof mascara and a bit of concealer. It was hot and gross and there were water rides so I'm glad I chose to wear minimal makeup! As you can see I look terribly tired. Not that cute, but oh well.




3. What do you like about makeup?


My favorite thing about makeup is that I get to be creative. I've always been a creative person, so when I began discovering eyeshadow and such, I was like, "Oh! Art for my face!". And then of course comes the generic "It makes me more confident", which I won't lie--it does. 

4. Three Holy Grail items? 


1) Foundation: I choose foundation over concealer now because I love full coverage and with a good foundation, I won't even bother with concealer sometimes
2) Mascara: Some days I'll put on mascara and think, yep, that's enough for eye makeup today, and be completely fine with it
3) Blush: A bit of definition on the face goes a long way, and I feel like sometimes bronzer feels a bit overdone. With a brown-toned blush I can easily contour, and with a brighter, pink-toned blush, I can add a pop of color to brighten my face. Gotta love a multi-purpose product ;)

Please feel free to do this tag and leave a link to your answers in the comments as I would love to read them! Also, do tag me in your posts because I love writing out my responses :) Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment