Sunday, September 9, 2012

Summer Movie Post #4

It's been a while since I talked about movies and I felt like this was a little overdue (considering it is now September and I still have to blog about 10-11 movies that I watched during the summer! Ahh! So behind!). I better get into it right away, then!

In case you missed the previous posts...

13) The Artist: I saw this movie on the plane ride to Italy and I absolutely loved it. I admit it was a little slow at the beginning, but I found myself more and more enthralled as it went on. It's the first silent movie I've ever seen in full, so that's pretty cool. It's a really lighthearted film and Jean Dujardin is so charming and just, yeah, this movie made me happy. Also, the dog in it stole my heart because I'm a sucker.

Verdict: I can see why this won so many awards! Really sweet.



14) My Week With Marilyn: I actually saw this movie on the way back from Italy haha! I also enjoyed it quite a lot. I honestly have no knowledge of Marilyn Monroe's work (like, aside from the white dress and mole), and admittedly this movie made me curious to see some of her films. If Williams' portrayal was an honest one, I can finally understand the appeal of Marilyn Monroe. What an intriguing woman--really full of life.

Verdict: Definitely worth the watch. I was engaged the whole way through.


15) LOL: I'm not going to give this movie five stars or anything, but I have to say I liked it. I'm probably super biased because I'm a big Miley Cyrus fan, but this movie is your classic casual chick flic. Anyone who takes her performance/the concept of the film seriously is incredibly misguided. If you go into this expecting to be blown away, you've got the wrong film. I suggest to watch it with an open mind and give Miley a chance. Anyone who says it's "the worst movie they've ever seen"... Please get over yourself :)

Verdict: Miley haters will hate this but I thought it was a generally fun movie to watch.



16) The Shawshank Redemption: FINALLY. The movie of the summer. The movie I've been waiting for all my life (no, seriously). What a great message and what a performance by all the actors. I love clever, intelligent movies that carry a moral without coming off as too preachy. This is my all-time movie recommendation.

Verdict: It's #1 on IMDB for a reason. Don't hesitate.


No comments:

Post a Comment