Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 2012 Beauty Favorites

It kind of occurred to me that I've never done a monthly favorites post on this blog so I figured it's about time I did one! I wish I had individual pictures and swatches for all of these products but unfortunately my camera has been acting up lately and all of my pictures are coming out blurry and overexposed. As soon as that's sorted out, hopefully I'll have some more detailed posts for you guys! I'm going to use stock images for now (which sucks, I know!).


Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe: I've been trying to slowly transition out of warm colors this month, and this eyeshadow has really been helping. It does look pretty brown in the above picture, but when it's swatched it's undoubtedly more on the grey side. Because it has that slight brown tinge, I've been blending it out with cool-toned brown colors and the effect is really nice. Hopefully I'll start using true greys and silvers using this as a base color soon!

Bailey Powder Foundation Duo in Medium: This is the first product I've hit pan on! (Yay!) I've been using this product since I got it in this year's March Glossybox and I love it. I use a light dusting of this over my liquid foundation as a setting powder and it's been working out great for me. (If anyone has an idea of where I can re-purchase this, please let me know!)

Revlon Colorstay Nail Polish in Rain Forest: This has been my favorite nail polish this month! I have a full post on this HERE if you would like to know more.
L'Oreal Color Riche Balm in Tender Mauve: I've been having a love-hate relationship with this product all month, but I kept going back to it. The finish is slightly sheerer than I hoped it would be, but the color is definitely buildable. This is great if you have more orange-red toned lips and you want to counter balance those tones. Overall, it's pretty moisturizing, but it feels a little excessive and greasy after re-application. But, generally, it's a decent product and I like the way it makes my lips look. It has SPF in it too which is nice, and it makes it smell like sunscreen (which I like!).

Coastal Scents Smokey Palette: My last two posts have been about this product so feel free to scroll down and read more about it! I've been having a lot of fun experimented with this palette this month!

MAC Prism Blush: This is just generally one of my favorite blushes ever. It's a sheertone finish so it gives a really subtle hint of color on the cheeks. It was actually my mom's favorite when she was my age so I think it's a really timeless, classic shade.
Sigma F84 Angled Kabuki: I've been adoring this brush for applying foundation lately. It's really a lifesaver. You can read my full review HERE.

MAC 134 Powder Brush: I tend to go back and forth with which powder brushes I use, but this month I've been loving my MAC 134 brush. I've had it for about 2 years and it seriously gets the job done. I use this brush to apply my Bailey powder and covers my entire face instantly. To be honest, I can't really justify how much I paid for this brush... But I genuinely do love it.

Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush: So after hearing the entire YouTube beauty community rave about this product, I figured it was finally time to test it out for myself. You can read my full review HERE.

And that concludes my first monthly favorites post! I'll probably post non-beauty favorites in a few days, so stay tuned for that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment