Friday, September 7, 2012

My Favorite Fragrances!

I've been trying to come up with ideas for posts and because I love "collection" videos on YouTube, I thought I'd write up a post about my favorite perfumes. ARose186 did this video and I really enjoyed it (if you aren't subscribed to her, please do so! She's so entertaining). We have similar tastes in perfume so I thought this might be fun!

Sidenote: All prices are from Ulta.com, so the prices are likely in American dollars. OH and you should also know that I'm only featuring the perfumes I love and use frequently (I have others I bought or received as gifts that I hate, so I'm not showing you guys those lol! *Ahem Kim Kardashian perfume*).

My first perfume is called "Amor Amor" by Cacharel. This is my all-time favorite fall/winter scent because it's so cozy and warm and sweet. It find it really sultry and rich and it sinks into my skin amazingly. I'm always told I smell great when I have this on. It's also the "sexiest" perfume I own, which sounds weird, but if you knew how this smelled, you'd agree. Check out the ridiculousness of the commercial:


It retails for $35.00. I purchased mine in Europe about two years ago and paid like, $70 for it because it had just released. Honestly though, it's an amazing perfume. I highly recommend it.

"Notes of grapefruit, mandarin, and blood orange followed by rich floral notes of lily of the valley and melati flower. The scent closes on sensual essences of vanilla, sandalwood, grey amber, and white musk."


Justin Bieber's "Someday" perfume has been my summer go-to. To be honest, I usually only buy celebrity perfumes if I like the celebrity a lot (I like Justin, but I'm not a mega fan), but for some reason I adore the scent of this. I find it smells like really sweet, fresh fruits. It reminds me of a day-time summer version of Amor Amor. It retails for $45.00.

"Top notes, Mandarin, Juicy Pear, Wild berries, Middle notes, Jasmine, Creamy Florals, Bottom notes, Vanilla, Soft Musks."


Everyone knows that I'm a Bath & Body Works fanatic, and Pink Chiffon is my favorite scent of theirs.  I have their shimmer mist which leaves gold glitter on the skin. This one feels lighter than Someday, so it's an easy all-over spray and you never have to worry about smelling too strong. In terms of the scent, I'd say it's also a variation of Amor Amor and Someday (the top notes are literally the same as Someday). This retails for $14.00 (what a steal! I love Bath & Body works).


"Top Notes: Mandarin, Sparkling Red Pear, Peach Nectar, Wild Berries, Mid Notes: Tiare Flower, Jasmine Petals, Water Lily, Apple Blossom, Dry Notes: Coconut Milk, Vanilla Orchid, Creamy Sandalwood, Chiffon Musk"

Vera Wang's "Princess" is one of the first perfumes I ever purchased for myself. Nowadays, it's definitely not my favorite (at all), but the smell is still quite pleasant. I honestly only bought this because Joe Jonas said it was his favorite perfume for girls. This one is a little harder to describe... Hmmm. It smells a little like talcum powder LOL. It's also very concentrated (strong smelling), and the scent is pretty classic (but more "innocent" than "old lady"). I think this is the most floral-smelling perfume I own. It retails for $60.00.

"Vera Wang Princess begins with notes of waterlilly, lady apple, mandarin meringue, and golden apricot skin. Mid notes of ripe pink guava, Tahitian flower, wild tuberose, and dark chocolate which give way to delectable base notes of pink frosting accord, precious amber, forbidden woods, royal musk captive and chiffon vanilla."

I got this perfume in a gift basket a really long time ago and it's one of the few gifted scents that I actually enjoy. Again, this is one of the few floral scents I own, but I like it because it's not terribly overpowering (since it's just a mist, after all). It's very clean-smelling and it smells like fresh flowers. It's a little musky as well. I honestly don't think it's available for purchase at the moment, but you can buy it on Amazon for $34.50 (which I think is ridiculous for a mist, but hey).

"An Enticing Blend of Frozen Pear, Peony and Peach Blossom, infused with Moisturizing Aloe Vera and Calming Chamomile."

The final perfume in my collection is a rollerball version of Taylor Swift's "Wonderstruck". Again, this is a very sweet, musky scent. I love it when a celebrity's perfume is something you'd imagine them wearing because it fits Taylor perfectly. It's very sugary but there's definitely some fruity scents in there. The full-sized version retails for $49.50 and the rollerball version is $18.00.

"Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Eau de Parfum Spray is a charming and sparkling surprise of vibrant fruits kissed by a bouquet of soft petals and a touch of sweet indulgence."

So there you have it! Let me know if you guys own any of these in comments below! Or let me know what your favorite fragrances are and if we have similar tastes I might go check them out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment