Friday, September 21, 2012

LUSH "Rub, Rub, Rub" & "Ocean Salt" Exfoliators

Hey everyone! Guess who finally got new batteries for her camera?! Ahhh, I'm so excited that I can finally start posting properly again. So without further ado...

If you're a regular reader of mine, you'll know I have a love-hate relationship with LUSH. For the longest time, I just couldn't seem to find a product of theirs that I was absolutely in love with, and their prices are just too high, and their stuff expires, and ugh... But, despite that, for some inexplicable reason, I get sucked into that store every time I'm in the mall...?! I don't know how it happens. I really don't.

Anyway, I wanted to find an exfoliator for my legs that I could use before shaving to prevent ingrown hairs (TMI?). The lady working at Lush explained that Rub, Rub, Rub (called "Lavez, Lavez" in French) would do the trick and that, she "[doesn't] know how it happens, but it makes your hairs stand up!" Okay. Fine. I picked up a sample. (By the way, I was really impressed with the sample size... She gave me like, half a tub)




I got about 4-5 uses of the sample so I feel like I'm qualified to review this product. Do I still have ingrown hairs? Yeah. Less than before, but yeah. So that part was kind of "meh". However, after I use Rub, Rub, Rub, my legs are so. freaking. smooth. It's amazing. Long story short, I went back to Lush yesterday and picked up the full-size tub, and much to my surprise, it was only $19. I thought that was pretty reasonable considering their baby containers usually retail for around that much. Also, I want to quickly mention the scent of this thing... It smells like mimosas. So delicious. They sell a bathbomb with the same scent so I'm gonna have to try that too.

The last thing I'd like to talk about is this sample of their facial exfoliator "Ocean Salt". I may even prefer this one to "Rub, Rub, Rub". It's supposed to minimize pores and it makes your skin SO soft! It leaves the face feeling very tight which some people might not like, but I love it. I find this one a lot grittier so I'm sure it could be used on the body as well, the only downside is that this is more expensive than Rub, Rub, Rub (like, $34 for a tub...).



The active ingredient in Ocean Salt is the vodka which accounts for the "tightening" effect. Also, it smells like margaritas. So yummy. I'm gonna do a follow-up to this post and show you guys some before-and-afters so we can see if it did minimize my pores or not.

Have you tried either of these products before? What do you think? What's your experience with LUSH products?

No comments:

Post a Comment