Monday, September 10, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

I've been nominated for a Liebster Award a couple times, and I've seen them on countless blogs... But the concept always confused me, for some reason. If everyone's nominated, then who wins? And more importantly, who decides who wins? I searched the net for a little while and couldn't find any substantial answers, but I decided I would give it a go anyway. Why not.




I was nominated by Rosie at Gorgeously Glowing as well as by Glossy, so I'm going to answer both of their sets of questions!


There are rules that must be followed, so here they are: 

  1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves
  2. They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them
  3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag
  4. They must then choose 11 bloggers to tag with less than 200 followers
  5. These lucky bloggers must be told
  6. There are no tag backs
Here are 11 facts about me:
  1. I'm 19 years old.
  2. I'm currently studying Communications at a university in Montreal, Canada.
  3. I also have a college diploma in Liberal Arts.
  4. I'm a sucker for Bath & Body Works, Sephora, and Starbucks.
  5. I have lived in four different houses throughout my life. 
  6. My parents divorced when I was 14 years old.
  7. I have no idea what I want to do career-wise.
  8. I've been single all my life. 
  9. I attended a private all-girls Catholic high school.
  10. I have a doggie named Einstein. He's the best.
  11. My latest favorite movie is the Shawshank Redemption.
Here are the questions from Rosie at Gorgeously Glowing :)

1) If you could do anything you wanted in the world, what would you do? 
I would move to California because it's the most comfortable, inspiring, and exciting place I've ever traveled to. 

2) What is your most greatest achievement? 
My greatest achievement would be getting my college diploma because it was a ton of work and sometimes I really felt like giving up. (Glad I didn't!)

3) If you were stuck on a deserted island, what two things would you want with you? 
I'm gonna be practical here and say I'd want a knife and a pack of matches lol!

4) What is one beauty product that you cannot live without? 
I'll have to say mascara.

5) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
California, like I said before.

6) If you could go on a date with anyone, who would it be and why?
Hmmm, like celebrity-wise? I guess it would be Ed Sheeran because he seems the most down-to-earth of all the singers/actors I like. I totally would have picked a Jonas Brother before watching Married to Jonas but now they all seem like assholes lol.

7) If a fashion designer came to you and wanted to give a brand new full wardrobe for free, what designer would it be?
I don’t really wear/lust after designer clothes but I’ll say… Whoever picks the merchandise for LF stores haha.

8) What celebrity style is most like your style?
I’m gonna say Selena Gomez because I think she has great fashion sense, but you can see that some days she just can’t be bothered and wears really basic outfits.

9) What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
I don’t feel guilty about any of my pleasures but I suppose it would be enjoying Here Comes Honey Boo Boo way too much LOL.

10) If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I cared less/things didn't affect me so much.

11) If you were awarded a free shopping spree with a cosmetic company, what company would it be?
MAC! I don’t own many things from MAC but I browse their online store like 24/7 so it would be nice :)

Here are the questions from Glossy :)


1) What are your top 5 favourite movies?
The Shawshank Redemption, Fight Club, The Social Network, The Truman Show, Accepted

2) If someone told you that you are leaving right now, and you only have time to grab 5 essential beauty items, what would they be?
Foundation, concealer, mascara, eyeliner, lip balm

3) Favourite season?
Summer

4) Why did you start blogging?
Out of boredom, pretty much! And then I started reading other blogs and getting inspiration for mine, so I just stuck with it.

5) If you had to list three pet peeves, what would they be?
Cracking knuckles, incapable texters, people who are overly critical 

6) What is your favourite meal?
Baked salmon :)

7) What is your current favourite song?
Miley Cyrus' cover of Lilac Wine

8) What is your current favourite purchase?
Beauty-wise? My L'Oreal Color Riche Lip Balm.

9) Favourite car?
I honestly don't have a favorite car because I don't know much about cars anyway. I don't have a car myself yet, but when I get one my only criteria are: low maintenance, and can drive. I'm not picky!

10) What is the last book you read?
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk (well, I'm almost done. 50 pages left)

11) Chocolate or vanilla?
Vanilla, for sure.


Alright! So here are the questions I would like to ask my nominees:

1) When you walk into Sephora, which is the first counter you go to?
2) What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
3) Recount one of your early childhood memories (could be anything).
4) What did you do for your last birthday?
5) What is the best gift you've ever received?
6) Would you consider yourself a good cook? What's the last meal you made?
7) What would you do with a million dollars?
8) What is your least favorite thing about blogging?
9) Name a book you want to read and why.
10) What is your most-seen movie?
11) Tell us about your favorite concert/live show experience.

Here are my nominees! I read them very regularly so you should check them out :) And nominees, please link me back to your answers!


I couldn't think of any more but if you read my blog at all, I nominate you, so feel free to do this :) Can't wait to read the responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment