Saturday, September 29, 2012

EOTD ft. Coastal Scents Smokey Palette

As a continuation of yesterday's post, here is a look I created using the Coastal Scents Smokey Palette! I called it a fall smokey eye because I basically just experimented with fall colors.

I'll quickly go through the steps I used to achieve this look in case you want to recreate it :) I should also say that the colors were more vibrant in person and these pictures are kinda overexposed (I have to learn how to fix that lol...)

So the first thing I did was primed my lid with Urban Decay primer potion (you can use any primer you own). Then:

1) I used this red/cranberry color as an all-over lid color*

2) I put this dark black-red in the outer third of the eye and crease (which accounts for the smokey effect)*

3) Because I don't own brown eyeliner and I thought black would be too harsh, I dipped a liner brush in water and mixed it with this dark matte brown shade and then dragged it over my upper lashline (ideally, you should use a brown pencil liner and then smudge it out)

4) Drag a bit of this matte green on the lower lashline, and then smudge it a little with the brown used in step 3. I also used my Shiseido eyeliner in green on my waterline.

5) One thing that bummed me out about this palette was the lack of true gold colors! I didn't want to use  yellow because I thought it would clash, so I pulled out my Naked palette and went for Half Baked, which I popped in the inner corner

6) To make the inner corner sort of "connect" with the rest of the look, I used a tiny bit of this shimmery pumpkin color and brushed it upwards into the red/cranberry

7) Apply mascara! :)

* Make sure to blend out every step as you go. A great brush for that is the Sigma E40 Tapered Blending brush (which I reviewed HERE and you can go ahead and purchase HERE).

Hope you enjoyed this! Let me know in the comments if you find these "tutorial" type posts helpful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment