As a continuation of yesterday's post, here is a look I created using the Coastal Scents Smokey Palette! I called it a fall smokey eye because I basically just experimented with fall colors.
1) I used this red/cranberry color as an all-over lid color*
2) I put this dark black-red in the outer third of the eye and crease (which accounts for the smokey effect)*
3) Because I don't own brown eyeliner and I thought black would be too harsh, I dipped a liner brush in water and mixed it with this dark matte brown shade and then dragged it over my upper lashline (ideally, you should use a brown pencil liner and then smudge it out)
4) Drag a bit of this matte green on the lower lashline, and then smudge it a little with the brown used in step 3. I also used my Shiseido eyeliner in green on my waterline.
5) One thing that bummed me out about this palette was the lack of true gold colors! I didn't want to use yellow because I thought it would clash, so I pulled out my Naked palette and went for Half Baked, which I popped in the inner corner
6) To make the inner corner sort of "connect" with the rest of the look, I used a tiny bit of this shimmery pumpkin color and brushed it upwards into the red/cranberry
7) Apply mascara! :)
* Make sure to blend out every step as you go. A great brush for that is the Sigma E40 Tapered Blending brush (which I reviewed HERE and you can go ahead and purchase HERE).
Hope you enjoyed this! Let me know in the comments if you find these "tutorial" type posts helpful :)