Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Summer Movie Post #3

Hey everyone! So here I have my third movie post of the summer. I know most of the blogs that follow me are beauty blogs but I hope you've been enjoying these posts as well. (If not, I'll be posting another eyeshadow look later on today so you can look forward to that!)


9) The Hangover Part II: The Hangover is literally one of my all-time favorite movies. It came out about three years ago and at the time, it was this new, hilarious brand of comedy that I'd never seen before, and it resonated with me. That said, I kept my hopes low for #2 because it couldn't possibly top the first. And, in the end, my intuition was correct. It didn't top the first Hangover. BUT it was still enjoyable. It was the same type of comedy, but much like the other critics of this movie, I felt like it was just the first Hangover recycled into different jokes.

Verdict: Fun, but if I want a good laugh I would sooner re-watch the first.






























10) Project X: When this movie came out in theatres, everyone was talking about it, but I never fully understood the concept. The trailer looked like a homemade YouTube video, and there were no "known" actors in it. Then my friend said he saw it and said I would like it, and he was right. Basically, this movie delivers on the very aspect it claims to be: the most epic house party ever. The plot is lacking, sure, but in the end, it doesn't matter. All I wanted was to see what would happen next.

Verdict: Entertaining from beginning to end.






















11) Snow White and the Huntsman: I guess I'll start off by mentioning that I saw this movie against my will... I really dislike Kristen Stewart. I don't think she's a very good actress. This movie didn't really change that opinion, either. I thought her performance was dull. Charlize Theron was really the scene-stealer in this one. Her exaggerated and emotional delivery was spot-on. As for the movie itself, I found it to be generally enjoyable. It got a little long and tedious at times, but overall not terrible. Also, I have to commend the director on some amazing shots in this film. (I also have to commend Chris Hemsworth on his face.)

Verdict: I didn't hate it.
























12) American Beauty: A movie's purpose is to incite audience reaction, agreed? Well, this movie confused me. I'm not sure how I was supposed to react to it. It was an equal blend of humor and tragedy. I found the characters hardly likeable. I don't know. It just didn't stick with me as much as I thought it would. I guess all I have to say is that it's very unique. I would say give it a watch just to see what you think about it, because it's hard to gauge audience response with a film like this one.

Verdict: I liked it, I think?



No comments:

Post a Comment