Friday, August 10, 2012

Flat Iron Curls

Just a quick post before I go out tonight! Basically, I've been watching YouTube videos all day (mostly hair tutorials), and I felt like in order to consider that time well-spent, I should probably try applying what I learned. So here is my curly hair for this evening.





























This is before I even got dressed or put makeup on, because I wanted to take the photo before the curls fell (which they did). Basically, I took bits of hair in approximately 1-inch sections, and curled them with a curved straightening iron. I made sure the hair closest to the root was straightened, and then turned the iron away from face, pulled down, and was left with really big, fluffy curls. I know my hair won't stay like this the whole night but I figure the worst that can happen is they fall out and I'm left with some waves.






























(I apologize for the crappy lighting on these photos, by the way. The weather sucks right now.)

In case you were interested, the straightening iron I use is a Rusk CTC. It straightens and curls really, really well. It gets incredibly hot. You can turn it up to 450 degrees which is what I usually use. I got this as a Christmas gift but I do believe it's on the pricier side. You get what you pay for, though, because the quality is awesome and I'm sure I'll be using this for a really long time!

2 comments:

  1. I've tried this before, but I still can't figure it out! :( Great post, though!

    Please check out my blog-

    http://thelooneybuttdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a bit of practice because you have to orient the way you hold the iron so that the curls turn out! Keep trying though, you'll get it :)

      Delete