Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Green & Purple Eyeshadow Look

Hey everyone! As promised, I have another eyeshadow look for you. Admittedly, it's pretty similar to my Stars 'N' Rockets look, but hey. I was just going through my makeup drawer and found this Sephora palette that I received as a gift, so I used that as inspiration. The thing is, I'm not a massive fan of Sephora brand eyeshadow, so I pulled out this awesome green Pop palette to use instead of the greens in the Sephora palette. They're way more pigmented and easier to use and blend.

You can check out the photo below to see exactly where I placed each color, but I'll quickly go through it. First, I primed my eye with Urban Decay Primer Potion in "Sin" (not pictured below), then I used the light purple from the Sephora palette as an all-over wash. I warmed up the outer corner  and crease with "Buck" from Urban Decay's Naked palette, except I didn't want it to be too brown so I mixed it this blue color from a Sephora palette I have similar to the Coastal Scents palette (again, I'm not fond of Sephora eyeshadows so I only pull this one out only when I need a specific color). Then I lined my upper lashline with black liquid liner, and sweeped on a mix of the two brightest greens from the Pop palette overtop. I also used the same combination on my lower lashline. Lastly, I used the light green from the Sephora palette to highlight my browbone, added mascara, and voila :)






























Also, I should mention that (aside from the Naked palette), I got these eyeshadows a really long time ago, so I'm not sure if they're still available! However, any similar colors will do the trick (they don't have to be from the exact same palettes I used).

Let me know if you enjoy these looks because I have fun taking the photos and editing them so I'd be willing to do more!

No comments:

Post a Comment