Saturday, August 25, 2012

Candle Collection!


Hi everyone! Today's post is about something really exciting... Candles!!! I think I'm the only person in the world to find candles exciting. Anyway, I figured I'd show you guys my candle collection, because why not.

As you can see, most of my candles are from the Bath & Body Works collection "Slatkin & Co.", with the exception of two that are from Yankee Candle. So basically, I'll go through them one by one and let you guys know which are my favorite, and give you guys some basic info regarding pricing and quality.

I received this one as a gift so I couldn't tell you how much it cost, but it's an amazing two-wick candle that burns forever. The scent is really strong and tangy which might not float everyone's boat, but I still really like it. I got this one last winter and haven't used it since, but I'm looking forward to burning it during the fall!

This is the other Yankee Candle I own called "Soft Blanket". I received this one as a gift as well so unfortunately I'm not sure about the cost. My brother actually picked this up for me because he hates all my other candles, LOL. Admittedly, the scent isn't my favorite, but I like see this one as more of an air-freshner, so I'll burn it right after cleaning my room or something like that.



"Frosted Cupcake" by Slatkin & Co. is one of my favorite three-wick candles to-date. It has a really sweet-smelling vanilla cake batter scent that I absolutely love. This one is definitely my most-used. These are sold at Bath & Body Works with a promotion of 2 for $30, which is a great deal considering they are sold for $22.50 by themselves. I think you can get around 40 hours of use out of these, so I think they're a good investment if you're a candle-lover like I am!

These mini candles, also from Slatkin & Co., are perfect to use as testers. I buy these if I'm not sure if I'll love the scent enough to buy the full-sized three-wick one. My favorite of the two turned out to be Ice Cream Shop because I've discovered that I prefer sweet scents as opposed to fruity ones. Wild Strawberry is nice as well, but I have to be in the mood for it, whereas Ice Cream Shop is really soothing and warm so I'll burn it more often. These are 2 for $5 so they're a really nice alternative if you don't want to spend too much!

Paradise Daiquiri is the candle I burn the least, because as I previously mentioned, I'm not the biggest fan of fruity scents. I'll typically burn this one after a day in the sun because it'll put me in a summery mood, but otherwise I'd burn Frosted Cupcake sooner than this one.

And now for a mini-haul featuring candles I just bought today...

This is their fall collection "Cinnamon Sugared Donut" and it literally smells exactly like that. It's sweet and spicy and just delicious. I'm waiting for it to get colder outside to burn this one because I really want to save it. I'm so excited about their fall collection because they have a ton of great new scents. I limited myself to just this one because I'm on a bit of a spending ban, but I would loveee to pick up the Pumpkin Caramel Latte one.



Bath & Body Works now have their summer candles available at 50% off, so I picked up this one in the Root Beer Float scent! I'm so excited about this one because it smells exactly like a root beer float and it's so sweet and nostalgic, I just love it. I got this one in the medium size and it came out to about $6.50 which is really great. As you can see, I couldn't wait to burn this one :P

The last thing I wanted to talk about was Bath & Body Works' new Paris collection that features these two amazing candles. They smell absolutely amazing and are so true to their names. French Baguette must be such a delicious bakery scent to have burning, and cafe au lait would remind me of coffee and Starbucks. There are two other candles available in this collection (Macaron flavored and a basic Paris scent), but these were the ones that caught my eye (or my nose?).

Also, if you follow me on Twitter you'll know I've decided that Bath & Body Works is officially my favorite store. They have the best promotions going on all the time and today, to advertise their new Paris collection, they were serving macarons and had a one-day contest going on where you could win their entire Paris line. So great!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know in the comments if you're a candle fanatic like I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment