Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August Non-Beauty Favorites


Hello everyone! I was inspired to write up this post after seeing EssieButton's post considering we have a couple similar non-beauty favorites! So without further ado...
















Hay Day: Estee from EssieButton also included this app in her favorites which is how I discovered it, and I'm obsessed. I confess that I used to be someone who played Farmville, and I admit, it was entertaining! The only thing that sucked is that you had to involve your Facebook friends in the game otherwise you couldn't advance, which is why I'm into Hay Day, because it involves none of that! It's just a virtual farm, guys. Why do I care about farming so much?

Pocket Planes: The premise of this game is almost as simple as Hay Day. Basically, you buy airports and airplanes around the world and you have to transport passengers and cargo back and forth. It's stupid, I know, but I can't help it! I'm sucked in! My family thinks I'm nuts.





























Like Estee, I saw Wicked this month! On the 23rd, to be precise. I absolutely loved it. I wasn't much of a Wizard of Oz fan before this (in fact, I don't think I'd ever seen it in full), but I gained such an appreciation for it after seeing this! It kind of elaborates on the bits that aren't really coherent about the Wizard of Oz, and it argues that the Wicked Witch of the West wasn't actually wicked, but rather misunderstood. It was really clever and entertaining!





























I've been watching Food Network a ton lately because I've had so much free time, Chopped in particular. Honestly, I love to hate this show. I find the actually competition part really exciting, but the judges are so snobby, it gets me nervous. But, obviously, I can overlook that because I'm pretty sure I watched it like every day this week sooo.... Also, it's been inspiring me to cook which my mom is ecstatic about. Yesterday I made panko-crusted shrimp wraps with grilled red bell peppers (o0o0o fancy).





























My favorite YouTuber this month is NikkieTutorials. She recently hit 200,000 subscribers and I don't think anyone deserves it more than she does. She has the cutest Dutch accent (she's from the Netherlands), and she has the most delicate, professional, and clean approach to applying makeup. I take all her recommendations to heart because she is basically flawless. I've been subscribed to her for a while now but I figured I'd include her here because her 200,000 Subscriber video was really sweet. Do yourself a favor and subscribe to her!





























My favorite dog this month (and every month) is my baby, Einstein. He got a fresh haircut a couple days ago so I wanted to show you guys how handsome he is ;)

What are your non-beauty favorites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment